At a Glance
The new Intel PRO/Wiress 2200BG Mini-PCI Adapter offers secure wireless connectivity with flexibility and performance for wireless-upgradable ThinkPad notebooks. This Mini PCI Adapter is based on two Wirelss LAN (WLAN) standards: IEEE 802.11g and 802.11b.
The Intel PRO/Wireless 2200 BG Mini-PCI Adapter features:
- Data transfer rates of up to 54 Mbps (2) in the 2.4 GHz band
- 1 Mbps to 54 Mbps for 802.11g
- 1 Mbps to 11 Mbps for 802.11b
- 802.11g and 802.11b seamless roaming and manual selection mode
- Mini-PCI Type IIIb
(1) 11b and 11g wireless is based on 802.11b and 802.11g, respectively. An adapter with 11 b/g can communicate on either of these listed formats respectively; the actual connection will be based on the access point to which it connects.
(2) Actual device range and data transfer speed depend upon many factors and are often less than the maximum possible. Based on 11g access point.
1 year Limited - customer carry-in exchange
You will receive one box containing the following items:
- Intel/PRO/Wireless 2200BG Mini-PCI Adapter
- User's Guide and software CD
- Announce date: 06 Apr 2004
- Planned availability date: 13 Apr 2004
- Effective withdrawal date: 03 Jan 2006
This adapter supports a maximum physical layer throughput of 54 Mbps, with automatic fallback to 48 Mbps, 36 Mbps, 24 Mbps, 18 Mbps, 12 Mbps, 9 Mbps, and 6 Mbps in OFDM mode, and 11 Mbps, with automatic fallback to 5.5 Mbps, 2Mbps, 1 Mbps in CCK mode.
NOTE: Effective throughput will be less than these values and will also vary, depending on the usage environment.
Physical, environmental, and compatibility specifications as known at time of announcement
- Between degrees 0 Celsius and 80 degrees Celsius
- Between 32 degrees Fahrenheit and 181 degrees Fahrenheit
- Operating: between 50% and 92%, non-condensing
- Industry Canada RSS
The Intel PRO/Wireless 2200 BG Mini-PCI Adapter is supported on the following systems:
|ThinkPad R50/R51||1829, 1830, 1831, 1836, 1840, 1841||Select wireless-upgradable|
|ThinkPad R51||2883, 2887, 2888, 2889||Select wireless-upgradable|
|ThinkPad T40/T41/T42||2373, 2374, 2378, 2379|
|ThinkPad X40||2369, 2370, 2371, 2372, 2382, 2386|
|ThinkPad X31||2672, 2673, 2884, 2885, 2890, 2891|
- Customers who purchase select ThinkPad T40, R40, and X31 models with integrated 802.11b wireless Mini PCI adapters and UltraConnect antenna may upgrade their systems to 802.11g functionality with the new Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG Mini-PCI Adapter (marketing part number (P/N) 73P2801).
- ThinkPad models with integrated 802.11a/b functionality may not be upgraded with the Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG Mini-PCI Adapter (marketing part number (P/N) 73P2801).
Supported operating systems
- Microsoft Windows XP
- Microsoft Windows 2000