ThinkPad fails to enter standby - ThinkPad T410, T410i, T410s, T410si, T510, T510i, W510, W701, W701ds, X201, X201i, X201s, X201 Tablet
The system seems to enter standby (suspend) mode, but actually has not. This can be noted by the following symptoms:
- The power button / LED are pulsing, indicating that the system is asleep.
- The crescent moon indicator is lit, indicating that the system is asleep.
- The display and backlight are off.
- The fans are spinning, indicating that the system is awake.
- The speaker and microphone mute buttons toggle if pressed, indicating that the system is awake.
- The ThinkLight can be turned on and off, indicating that the system is awake.
- The WLAN and WPAN indicators may be on (if they were on before the suspend operation was initiated they remain on), indicating that the system is awake.
- There is no way to wake the system; in order to recover, the power button must be held down to turn the system off, then powered on again.
- Since the system did not fully enter suspend mode, the battery will be drained quickly if the system is not connected to the AC power adapter.
Any of the following ThinkPad systems running Windows 7 (32-bit, 64-bit), Vista (32-bit, 64-bit), XP may be affected by this symptom:
- T410, T410i, T410s, T410si
- T510, T510i
- W510, W701, W701ds
- X201, X201i, X201s, X201 Tablet
This issue is fixed in ME firmware update 18.104.22.1686 and is documented in the readme as: "(Fix) Fixed an issue that system hung intermittently when entering to suspend mode."
To obtain this fix, update the Intel ME Firmware to the latest version on the web, version 22.214.171.1246 (6ir644ww) or higher.
If you are unable to find what you are looking for, please do try the following options:
1. Lenovo Assisted Search
2. Product usage and general troubleshooting tips
3. Lenovo Support Forum
4. Technical Support Call Centre
|País de disponibilidad
Documento de identidad
Legacy Document ID
© 2013 Lenovo. Todos los derechos reservados.