|LCD size and type||15.6-inch (396.2 mm) LCD|
|Viewable image size||15.6-inch (396.2 mm)|
|Resolution||1366 x 768|
|Maximum viewable area||344.2 x 193.5 mm|
|Brightness (typical)||250 cd/m2|
|Contrast ratio (typical)||500:1|
|Viewing angle (typical)||Horizontal: +/- 90degrees|
| ||Vertical: +/- 65degrees|
|Response time (grey to grey)||8 ms|
|Pixel pitch||0.252 mm|
|Video input||15-pin D|
|Tilt||5 degrees forward|
|20 degrees backward|
|Swivel||+/- 45 degrees|
|Height adjustment||110 milimeters|
|Pivot||Yes (graphic card dependent)|
|Factory-preset display modes||12|
|SYNC on Green||Yes|
|ISO 13406 Part 2||Yes|
|VESA DPMS power management||Yes|
|Power cord - detached||1.8 m|
|USB Cable||3.0 m|
|DVI Cable||3.0 m|
|VGA Cable||3.0 m|
|FCC B compliance||Yes|
|MPR-2 emission compliance||Yes|
|MPR-3 emission compliance||Yes|
|TCO'03 Environmental Label||Yes|
|Width||14.72-inch (374.0 mm)||4.88-inch (124 mm)|
|Depth||7.46-inch (189.6 mm)||14.37-inch (365 mm)|
|Height||11.76-inch (298.6 mm)||17.32-inch (440 mm)|
|Weight||5.82 lb (2.64 kg)||7.83 lb (3.55 kg)|
- Input voltage: 100 to 240V ac +/- 10%
- Frequency: 50/60 Hz
- Power consumption:
- Maximum: < 28 watts
- Normal use: < 14 watts typical
- Standby: < 2 watts
- Suspend: < 2 watts
- Off: < 1 watt
- Maximum earth leakage current:
- < 3.5 mA at 264 V
- < 0.25 mA at 100 V
|Operating||10 to 40 deg. C||10 to 80 %||0 to 3,657 m|
|Shipping||-20 to 60 deg. C||5 to 95 %||0 to 10,668 m|
|Storage||-20 to 60 deg. C||5 to 95 %||0 to 3,657 m|
Declared acoustical noise emissions LWAU = 4.5 bels or less. The noise emission level stated is the declared (upper limit) A-weighted sound power level, in bels, for a random sample of monitors. All measurements are made in accordance with ANSI S12.10 and reported in conformance with ISO/DIS 7779.
- One monitor
- Attached tilt stand that can be removed
- Attached 1.8-meter (5.9-foot) analog video signal cable (15-pin D to 15-pin D)
- Power cord
- A 3 -> 2 pin AC adapter (Japan only)
- A Japanese proof of purchase card (Japan only)
- CD containing multilingual user's guide, set-up test pattern, and Windows installation file
- Setup poster
- Safety, troubleshooting, and warranty guide
Note: With the exception of the models for U.S., Canada, and Japan, the power cords (based on the country order code) are supplied by distribution centers.
Three years - Customer Carry-in or Mail-in using Rapid Replacement Service
- Announce date: 17 Sep 2008 (Worldwide except Europe/Middle East/Africa)
- Planned availability date: 19 Sep 2008 (Asia Pacific)
- Planned availability date: 17 Oct 2008 (Canada, Latin America, United States)
The display is intended to operate with system units or video adapters that generate a video output signal falling within the following specification:
|Native Resolution||1366 x 768 pixels|
|Maximum pixel rate||135 MHz|
The monitor supports VESA Standard Timings as detailed in "Display Monitor Timing Specification," Version 1.0, Revision 0.8, dated September 17, 1998, for the following modes:
- VGA: 640 x 480 at 60, 66, 72 and 75 Hz
- SVGA: 800 x 600 at 60 and 75 Hz
- XGA: 1024 x 768 at 60, 70, and 75 Hz
This monitor also supports the following modes:
- 1366 x 768 at 60 Hz
- 1360 x 768 at 60 Hz
Note: National language support is a function of the video adapter in the system unit and the application or support software.
(H x V Pixels)
|Incoming video refresh rate|
|640 x 350||70 Hz|
|640 x 480||60 Hz|
|800 x 600||60 Hz|
|1024 x 768||60 Hz|
|1360 x 768||60 Hz|
|1366 x 768||60 Hz|
The factory-preset modes cannot be overwritten, but can be adjusted to personal choice. The new settings are stored automatically in one of the user locations and are recalled each time that mode is used. The factory settings for the mode in use, if any, can be restored by operating the reset control.
Information about the current incoming display mode is shown in the on-screen displays. However, it is displayed at the LCD panel's optimum refresh rate of 60 Hz.
It may be necessary to make some adjustments to the displayed image to compensate for variations in video signal timings. The user controls can be used to make these adjustments.
The ThinkVision D156 15.6-inch Wide LCD monitor (4415-AB1) is supplied with a detachable 1.8-meter (5.9-foot) video signal cable. This cable has the widely used 15-pin, D-Sub video connector for system unit connection.
This model has been tested with ThinkPad and ThinkCentre systems. It is compatible with systems and graphics adapters that comply with the relevant parts of "VESA and industry standards and guidelines for computer display monitor timing" V1.8, adopted September 17, 1998. Supported display modes and number of colors are a function of the attaching system unit. The full range of display modes, refresh rates, and number of colors available with this monitor may not be available or supported with all combinations of system units, their operating systems, and application software. Implementation of monitor Plug and Play follows the VESA DDC standard. This standard must also be implemented in the attaching system unit hardware and software to be effective.
- Microsoft Windows Vista
- Microsoft Windows XP
- ISO 13406 Part 2
- ENERGY STAR 4.1 (United States)
- Microsoft Logo - Windows Vista Premium
UL (U.S.), CSA/cUL (Canada), IEC950 CB Report, NEMKO (Norway), TUV, CCC (China), NOM, SASO, GOST, PSB (Singapore), BSMI, JEITA, Green Mark (Taiwan), Australia, UL-S (Argentina), FCC B (U.S.), IC (Canada), CE (Europe), MIC (Korea), VCCI Class B (Japan), New Zealand, South Africa, KVALITET(Serbia), Cambodia
- Supported display modes are a function of the attaching system unit and video subsystem. The full range of display modes available with these monitors may not be available or supported with all combinations of system units, their operating systems, video adapter cards, and application software.
- Horizontal- and vertical-synchronization signal timings are critical in order to achieve acceptable screen images. As a consequence, support for all possible variations in H- and V-sync timings for any display mode cannot be assumed.
- Adjustment of the user controls to enlarge the image to its maximum size requires that the signal timings of the display mode being used fall within the monitor-timing specifications.
- The Lenovo ThinkVision 15.6 inch Wide provides FCC class B - residential installation - compliance in all display modes.
- Implementation of monitor power management follows the VESA DPMS standard. This standard must also be implemented in the attaching system unit hardware and software for monitor power management to be effective. The system implementation must provide user-adjustable, power-down delay periods. The monitor power management function is invoked only after appropriate signals are received from an attached system unit or video adapter.
- Implementation of monitor Plug and Play follows the VESA DDC standard. This standard must also be implemented in the attaching system unit hardware and software for monitor Plug and Play to be effective.
- Certain functions require the system unit to be similarly configured, so all monitor functions may not be enabled when attached to a particular system unit.
- A 15.6-inch (396.0 mm) flat-panel LCD monitor has nearly 3 million subpixel transistors laid over an area exceeding 107 square inches. Cost-effective manufacturing processes introduce a small number of defective subpixel transistors. The Lenovo ThinkVision D156 Wide meets ISO 13406-2 Class II Pixel defect standard.
- Use of 50% gray background is not recommended since some users may experience undesirable FOS effects.
- The Auto-Setup "test pattern" can be used with Windows XP and Win- dows Vista Basic only.