When you unplug your eSATA drive, Ultrabay drive, or remove the second hard disk drive inside your ThinkPad, your desktop and library files may disappear and you may see messages from “Lenovo RapidDrive Advanced” about retrieving files.
Any Lenovo ThinkPad system with a SSD (solid state drive) that purchased new during 2011 that has been preloaded with “Lenovo RapidDrive Advanced” software including the following system:
“ Lenovo RapidDrive Advanced ” helps you manage a computer that has both a SSD (solid state drive) and a HDD (hard disk drive). To do this, it keeps the operating system and program files on the fast SSD, and relocates the user libraries and folders (desktop, downloads, my documents, my music, my pictures, and my videos) to the larger capacity HDD. Under the following circumstances “Lenovo RapidDrive Advanced” can move your user libraries and folders to another drive without your permission or knowledge:
- Connect the secondary drive (eSATA, Ultrabay, or internal HDD/SSD) and confirm that your user libraries and folders are visible again
- From the Control Panel, click on “Programs -> Uninstall a program”
- In the list of installed programs, find “RapidDrive Advanced version XXX” where XXX refers to the version of the software (for example, “RapidDrive Advanced version 1.0.12”). Then click “Uninstall”
- When the uninstallation finishes, you will see a message like this:
- Click on “click here” in the above message. Note - In case “click here” is not available, then it means there is not room on the C: drive to accept the folders that were moved to the secondary drive. In this case, please skip to solution #2 below.
- Select “Yes, move my User folders to my high speed SSD”, and then click “Finish”.
- Once the operation is complete, you may eject the secondary drive and confirm that your user libraries and folders have been restored to their original locations.
|País de disponibilidad|