After installing the Lenovo Windows Vista Preload on a Lenovo-approved CRU or FRU replacement hard drive, OneKey Recovery fails to perform the "CREATE ORIGINAL BACKUP" operation successfully. Instead, the operation is halted and OneKey Recovery displays the following error message: "Insufficient space for backup! The backup operation cannot be performed!" OneKey Recovery performs "CREATE ORIGINAL BACKUP" as a one-time backup operation of the preload, which allows the system to be recovered to the original image. If this process does not complete successfully, all OneKey Recovery backup features will be disabled.
The above symptom may occur on the following systems:
Lenovo 3000 K100
"CREATE ORIGINAL BACKUP" has to be executed and completed right after the preload is installed, but it can fail if Windows System Restore is enabled by default.
Disable Windows System Restore:
1. Access Windows System Protection:
(1) Press Start and select "Control Panel".
(2) On "Control Panel", select "System and Maintenance".
(3) On the "System and Maintenance" window select "System".
(4) At the "System" window, select "System Protection". "System protection" can be found under "TASKS" at the upper left side of the window.
(5) Click "Continue".
2. Turn off Windows System Restore:
(1) Deselect the local C:\ hard drive.
(2) Click "Apply", then "OK".
3. Proceed to "CREATE ORIGINAL BACKUP".
(1) Close all open windows and restart the system.
(2) During POST press LVT or F2 Key. (LVT is the red circular button on the upper right side of the keyboard.)
(3) Select "OneKey Recovery".
(4) Press ENTER on "CREATE ORIGINAL BACKUP" and follow the instructions that proceed to create the preload backup.
|País de disponibilidad|