- This Security Bulletin addresses a vulnerability in Rescue and Recovery version 4.20. This vulnerability could allow an attacker to run code with elevated privileges on the affected system. Lenovo strongly recommends upgrading to Lenovo Rescue and Recovery 4.23. For more details, please click here.
Rescue and Recovery 4.23 is a suite of self-recovery tools designed to help you diagnose, get help, and recover your system. See supported systems list below.
- Rescue and Recovery 4.23 is not integrated with ThinkVantage Productivity Center 1.0. ThinkVantage Productivity Center users should update to ThinkVantage Productivity Center 2.0 or later for the best user experience.
- Rescue and Recovery 4.23 is not compatible with Sophos SafeGuard Easy.
- If you want to retain the ability to restore from backups created with a previous version of Rescue and Recovery, you must create a copy of your backup files on bootable, external recovery media before installing the latest version.
- To archive your backups, complete the following procedure:
- From the Rescue and Recovery main screen, click Backup, then select Copy backups from hard drive from the drop-down list.
- Select the medium you want to save your backup files to by clicking the appropriate radio button. The backup files that will be copied are listed on the user interface.
- Click OK to continue.
- You will need blank removable media when copying backups from the hard drive to CD or DVD. Make sure that you label each disc as it is created, and that you store them together in a safe place.
Note: You will be prompted to make the external media bootable at the beginning of the process.
- Please refer to the "Rescue and Recovery Readme" file links above for installation instructions and additional considerations.
- Performance and quality improvement to make Rescue and Recovery more stable and consume less CPU.
- Accurate backup progress message for better user experience.
- Upgrade Windows XP PE from version 1.0 to version 1.5.
- Compatibility enhancement with Windows Vista Bitlocker.
- ThinkPad Reserve Edition
- ThinkPad Edge 11, E10, Edge 13, E30, Edge 14, E40, Edge 15, E50
- ThinkPad G41, G50
- ThinkPad R50, R50e, R50p, R51, R51e, R52, R60, R60e, R61, R61e, R61i
- ThinkPad T43, T43p, T60, T60p, T61, T61p
- ThinkPad X32, X40, X41, X41 Tablet, X60, X60s, X60 Tablet, X61, X61s, X61 Tablet, X300, X301
- ThinkPad R400, R500
- ThinkPad SL300, SL400, SL400c, SL410, SL500, SL500c, SL510
- ThinkPad L410, L412, L420, L510, L512, L520
- ThinkPad T400, T400s, T410, T410i, T410s, T410si, T420, T420i, T420s, T500, T510, T510i, T520, T520i
- ThinkPad W500, W510, W520, W700, W701
- ThinkPad X100e, X200, X200s, X200 Tablet, X201, X201i, X201s, X201t, X220, X220 Tablet
- ThinkPad Z60m, Z60s, Z60t, Z61e, Z61m, Z61p, Z61t
- ThinkCentre A35, A50, A50p, A51, A51p, A52, A53, A55, A57, A57e, A58, A58e, A60, A61, A61e, A62, A63, A70, A70z
- ThinkCentre E50, E51
- ThinkCentre M50, M50e, M51, M51e, M52, M52e, M55, M55e, M55p, M57, M57e, M57p, M58, M58e, M58p, M70e, M75e, M90, M90p, M90z
- ThinkCentre S50, S51
- ThinkStation D10, D20, E20, S10, S20, C20, C20
- Update your system to the latest BIOS
- 1.5GB of free space on your hard disk drive (1.5GB required for installation)
- 512MB of memory recommended
- Microsoft Windows XP with Service Pack 1 or higher, or Windows 2000 with Service Pack 3 or higher
Microsoft Windows Vista 32 and 64 bit versions
- 8MB of VRAM shared memory set in BIOS