Configuration notes to enable the internal speaker on the system board - ThinkStation D20 (4158-29U)
To enable the internal speaker on the system board, do the following:
- Replace the contents of the file /etc/modprobe.d/sound with the following:
options snd-hda-intel model=6stack-dig enable=1 index=0
# u1Nb.5PT4yR0tZ43:ICH10 HD Audio Controller
alias snd-card-0 snd-hda-intel
- Save the file.
- Restart the compute. The internal speaker will be enabled.
For ThinkStation S20 4105-38x and ThinkStation D20 4158-29x systems, you can also do the following to configure your system to enable the internal speaker on the system board:
- Download the script file SetAudio.sh from here to your computer.
- Open a terminal and navigate to the directory where you have saved the script file.
- Make sure the script file is executable by typing the following in the terminal: chmod +x SetAudio.sh
- Run the script file by typing the following in the terminal: ./SetAudio.sh
- Read the system output carefully and follow the instructions on the screen.
Legacy Document ID
Copyright © Lenovo 2013, all rights reserved