Technical information and limitations of multi-monitor configurations - ATI X1300 display adapter and ThinkPad Advanced Dock
On ThinkPad Advance Dock PCI Express slot:
- Low-profile full-length or full-height full-length PCI Express card with x1, x4, x8 or x16 slot connectors.
- 50-watt power consumption limit.
- Hot-plug of PCI Express graphic adapters is not supported.
On Microsoft Windows XP:
- To initialize the graphics adapter, a full boot into Windows XP is required. The system must be dock with installed graphics adapter.
- Hot undock is not supported because Windows XP does not support the hot-unplug of a graphics adapter.
- Pressing Undock button: An error message will appear indicating that the GPU is busy.
- Pressing Eject button: As soon as the user tries to do anything on the notebook, it will hang.
- To undock, shutdown the ThinkPad system.
- When switching the primary screen from one to another, the taskbar stays in original screen and will not be switched into the new primary screen.
- Any monitor connected will default to extended (independent) mode. Users need to configure for clone mode if desired.
- Clone mode across the installed adapter and the ThinkPad LCD or dock station video VGA/DVI connectors is not supported.
- Displays modes, clone versus independent, and settings are configured via the "ATI Catalyst Control Center".
- ThinkPad systems with Intel integrated graphics:
- In all configurations, (2, 3 or 4 monitors) the monitors connected to the X1300 adapter cannot be set as primary display.
- One of two monitors, connected to the X1300 adapter, will flicker when the configuration is changed on the X1300 adapter.
- The secondary monitors will be blank prior to system login (username and password). After system login, the secondary monitor will display an image.
If you are unable to find what you are looking for, please do try the following options:
1. Lenovo Assisted Search
2. Product usage and general troubleshooting tips
3. Lenovo Support Forum
4. Technical Support Call Centre
Legacy Document ID
Copyright © Lenovo 2013, all rights reserved