Summary of changes for the latest BIOS update - ThinkPad A20p
Symptom corrected by version 1.00 - IVET54WW
- (New) Support for ThinkPad A20p.
Symptoms corrected by version 1.01 - IVET55WW
- (Fix) On systems using Microsoft Windows 2000, a slight noise is heard when entering standby mode.
- (Fix) When the system is connected to a docking station that contains a hard disk drive and an EtherJet PC Card, the system will hang when entering suspend mode.
- (Fix) The default boot priority for Wake On LAN was increased.
- (Fix) If the system is using 128MB SDRAM memory in combination with 64MB SDRAM memory, the system will not enter hibernation mode.
- (Fix) The BIOS Setup screen comes up automatically after a BIOS update.
- (Fix) The system resumes automatically when a USB mouse is attached to the dock.
- (Fix) Wake On LAN and Flash Over LAN settings change when F9 (Setup Defaults) is pressed in the BIOS Setup screen.
Symptoms corrected by version 1.02 - IVET58WW
- (New) Microsoft Windows Me support.
- (New) Date/Time in BIOS Setup is protected by Supervisor Password.
- (New) Return the max CPU speed in SMBIOS Currrent Speed field of Processor Information (Type 4).
- (New) Intel Pentium-III C0 Step support.
- (Fix) CMOS Test of PC-Doctor fails.
- (Fix) CMOS error is not displayed.
- (Fix) No display appears on LCD even after hot-undocking from a docking station which has the external display.
- (Fix) Suspend/resume failure with 20GB HDD for APM OS.
- (Fix) Resume failure when Hibernate when battery becomes low is enabled.
Symptoms corrected by version 1.03 - IVET59WW
- (New) Add a Lock BIOS settings menu to BIOS setup.
- (Fix) Cannot select a boot device by F12 option when a supervisor password is set.
- (Fix) A supervisor cannot update flash BIOS when Flash BIOS Updating by End-Users is disabled in BIOS setup menu and a supervisor password is set.
- (Fix) A system enters full-suspend mode with some network PC-cards on Microsoft Windows NT4. It sometimes causes network failure after resume from suspend.
- (Fix) Some PCI video cards in docking station do not work after Ctrl+Alt+Del.
- (Fix) HDD indicator LED sometimes stays on after hibernation wakeup on Windows NT4.
- (Fix) System fails to wake up from S4(hibernation) by remote wakeup on Windows Me.
- (Fix) The serial port is disabled after hibernation wakeup on APM OS.
Symptom corrected by version 1.04 - IVET60WW
- (Fix) The screen does not come up by opening the LCD, when Will not suspend even if LCD is closed option is enabled.
Symptoms corrected by version 1.05 - IVET62WW
- (New) Intel Boot Agent 3.0 support.
- (New) Modified SMBIOS Type 3 to report AssetNumber in EEPROM User Asset Data under the Asset Tag Number field.
- (Fix) POST 188 error.
- (Fix) POST 189 error.
- (Fix) Network boot failure using INT 19h.
- (Fix) Access to CD-ROM in docking station becomes slow after resume from suspend on Microsoft Windows 98.
- (Fix) The systemm cannot boot from a hard disk drive with a partition ID of n5h where n is 1 or greater.
Symptoms corrected by version 1.07 - IVET64WW
- (New) Improved support for UltraPort.
- (New) Add SuperDisk Boot disable selection to allow SuperDisk drive to be assigned fixed letter.
- (New) Add F1 prompt message display disable selection.
- (Fix) Fn+F7 does not work after undocking from Port Replicator or detaching external CRT.
- (Fix) Memory size and HDD size in AssetID EEPROM are incorrect.
- (Fix) Power-on password can be bypassed on a certain condition.
- (Fix) PC card is sometimes configured abnormally during POST.
- (Fix) PCI clock run setting is disabled after suspend/resume on Windows Me and Windows 2000.
- (Fix) DMA channel of ECP parallel port may not be available on Windows Me and Windows 2000.
- (Fix) System may restart automatically when wake up from hibernation on Microsoft Windows 95.
- (Fix) Device which attached to UltraPort does not work after reboot under Windows Me and Windows 2000.
Symptoms corrected by version 1.08 - IVET65WW
- (New) Microsoft Windows XP support
- (New) Improved resume speed on Windows Me and Windows 2000.
- (Fix) 0175 POST error occur.
- (Fix) If ECP mode is selected, parallel port does not work after resume from standby state on Windows Me and Windows 2000.
- (Fix) If Alert On LAN 2 is enabled, sometimes file transfer through network fails.
- (Fix) No display came upon LCD when a lid opened after undocked from a ThinkPad Dock or a Portriplicator with an external monitor.(Windows 2000)
Symptoms corrected by version 1.09 - IVET67WW
- (News) Improved CPU thermal control.
- (Fix) System may freeze during POST if CMOS value is incorrect.
- (Fix) Dock/undock operation on Windows 98 may cause the system to freeze if DVD/CD-RW combo device is installed in the docking station.
- (Fix) If the hibernation file structure is special, hibernation wakeup may cause the system to hang.
- (Fix) The Password is required twice if the user presses the F1 key when the password prompt appears.
- (Fix) The System did not wait long enough for the command to stop the hard disk drive spindle motor during a system power off.
- (Fix) Waking the ThinkPad system from hibernation may cause the system to hang if the supervisor password is set and the BIOS update diskette is inserted.
- (Fix) 8th wrong character is accepted as resume password for Windows 2000 and Windows NT
- (Fix) POST 175 error may occur if the system is powered off during POST.
- (Fix) Password prompt may appear if the user performs a reboot after suspend/resume on ACPI OS.
- (Fix) Performing an operating system install using Remote Deployment Manager (RDM = LCCM) may cause the system to hang.
- (Fix) If the supervisor password is enabled, disabling the Legacy Floppy Devices in the BIOS startup menu does not work properly.
Symptoms corrected by version 1.10 - IVET68WW
- (New) Added a BIOS option to disable built-in network card ROM using upper 640KByte location. (Some network card features will be disabled)
- (New) Improve security related process.
- (Fix) If Lid close action beep is enabled, LCD close during OS boot may cause continuous beep.
- (Fix) (Windows98) Error message appears on 2nd hibernation wakeup with New USB Memory Key.
- (Fix) Hibernation swap area destroys POST work area.
- (Fix) Fix the incorrect setting of PCI IRQ routing in docking station CardBus controller.
- (Fix) Pressing Initialize(F9) key twice will reset network boot sequence to other than BIOS Setup Default.
Symptom corrected by version 1.11 - IVET69WW
- (New) Enhancement of the battery control.
Any of the following ThinkPad systems:
Click here to download the latest BIOS update in a diskette format.
Click here to download the latest BIOS update in a diskless format.
Legacy Document ID
Copyright © Lenovo 2013, all rights reserved