Symptom corrected by version 1.02 - IYET36WW
- (New) Support for ThinkPad T20.
Symptoms corrected by version 1.03 - IYET37WW
- (Fix) A blue screen appears in Microsoft Windows 95/98 when disabling a serial port or Infrared from the Device Manager or the ThinkPad Configuration program.
- (Fix) The Wake On LAN feature does not work.
- (Fix) Memory read failure may occur in Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 when two 256MB memory cards are installed.
- (Fix) A small noise is heard when Microsoft Windows 2000 is in standby mode.
- (Fix) Hang up at suspend on a docking station with HDD and EtherJet PC Card installed in the docking station.
Symptoms corrected by version 1.06 - IYET42WW
- (New) Microsoft Windows Me support.
- (New) Date/Time in BIOS Setup is protected by Supervisor Password.
- (New) Return the max CPU speed in SMBIOS "Current Speed" field of Processor Information (Type 4).
- (New) Intel Pentium-III C0 Step support.
- (Fix) CMOS Test of PC-Doctor fails.
- (Fix) CMOS error is not displayed.
- (Fix) Intermittent Windows 98 trap-06 blue screen at hot dock/undock.
Symptom corrected by version 1.07 - IYET43WW
- (Fix) PC-card Plug & Play does not work on Windows 95.
Symptoms corrected by version 1.08 - IYET45WW
- (New) Add a Lock BIOS settings menu to BIOS setup.
- (Fix) Cannot select a boot device by F12 option when a supervisor password is set.
- (Fix) A supervisor cannot update flash BIOS when Flash BIOS Updating by End-Users is disabled in BIOS setup menu and a supervisor password is set.
- (Fix) A system enters full-suspend mode with some network PC-cards on Windows NT4 and OS/2. It sometimes causes network failure after resume from suspend.
- (Fix) Some PCI video cards in docking station do not work after reboot with Ctrl+Alt+Delete reset.
- (Fix) Device access indicator LED sometimes stays on after hibernation wakeup on Windows NT4.
- (New) Power Management Update - enhancement of CPU thermal controls designed.
Symptoms corrected by version 1.09 - IYET46WW
- (Fix) Fn key features do not work after wakeup from hibernation while a ThinkPad docks to a docking station without CD-ROM drive in Ultrabay 2000.
- (Fix) Resuming from screen off state needs pressing a key two times. (Windows Me and Windows 2000)
- (Fix) A hard disk drive (HDD) password is requested after warm docking to a docking station which has a HDD adapter without a HDD in its Ultrabay 2000.
- (Fix) Hang up occurs when suspend/resume is done on a ThinkPad with HDD adapter without a HDD in Ultrabay 2000.
- (Fix) ACPI compatible Linux hangs up at boot timing.
- (Fix) System shutdown takes long time under Windows 98 after hot-remove from the docking station with a SuperDisk drive in Ultrabay 2000.
- (Fix) CD-ROM continuously accesses after wakeup from hibernation.
- (Fix) Reboot from BIOS-call causes system hang
Symptoms corrected by version 1.10 - IYET49WW
WARNING for users with the Intel/Xircom Mini PCI combo cards:
This BIOS version will only work with Intel Boot Agent (IBA) 4.0 or later for Wake On LAN (WOL) based remote installations. If you plan to do remote installations with IBA versions prior to 4.0, then you must use a previous BIOS version to 1.09. Failure to do so may cause the ThinkPad system to hang.
- (New) Modified SMBIOS Type 3 to report AssetNumber in EEPROM User Asset Data under the "Asset Tag Number" field.
- (Fix) Some Matrox video cards do not work.
- (Fix) POST 188 error.
- (Fix) POST 189 error.
- (Fix) BIOS HDD off timer is still working in Windows Me/2000.
- (Fix) Parallel FDD is not detected after undock.
- (Fix) System can not boot from a HDD with partition ID of n5h.(n is 1 or greater)
Symptoms corrected by version 1.11 - IYET50WW
- (New) BIOS Copyright text is changed
- (Fix) Normal power-on without AC power with 3COM Mini PCI installed goes WOL mode.
- (Fix) RI resume from PC-Card modem can not be disabled on Windows 98.
Symptoms corrected by version 1.12 - IYET52WW
- (New) BIOS Copyright text is changed
- (New) Add SuperDisk Boot disable selection to allow SuperDisk drive to be assigned fixed letter.
- (New) Add F1 prompt message display disable selection.
- (Fix) Cannot boot from CD-ROM when CD-ROM follows network boot in boot order.
- (Fix) Suspend/Resume after attaching 2nd HDD with HDD password may cause the system to hang.
- (Fix) PCI clock run setting is disabled after suspend/resume on Windows Me and Windows 2000.
- (Fix) When system attached to docking station which has IDE device in it, eject of IDE device in Ultrabay 2000 may cause system hang under Windows Me and Windows 2000.
- (Fix) PC card is sometimes configured abnormally during POST.
- (Fix) System may restart automatically when wake up from hibernation on Windows 95.
- (Fix) DMA channel of ECP parallel port may not be available on Windows Me and Windows 2000.
- (Fix) Wording of PCI IRQ setting in BIOS setup is misleading.
- (Fix) Screen is blackout even if LCD is opened after starting boot with the LCD closed.
- (Fix) Changes are not kept when selecting Save Changes and then powering off the system.
- (Fix) If 3.3V 16bit PC card is attached, POST takes 3 seconds longer.
- (Fix) Device which attached to UltraPort does not work after reboot under Windows Me and Windows 2000.
- (Fix) Screen is not displayed to external display after undocking under Windows Me and Windows 2000.
Symptom corrected by version 1.13 - IYET53WW
- (Fix) Screen is not displayed to external CRT after warm docking.
Symptoms corrected by version 1.14 - IYET54WW
- (New) Improved support for UltraPort
- (Fix) Support 1600x1200 resolution at external monitor.
- (Fix) FDD media which is inserted in the docking station ultra bay 2000 may be broken when system enter suspend.
Symptoms corrected by version1.16 - IYET56WW
- (Fix) Power state of UltraPort devices from IBM after wakeup is always OFF.
- (Fix) 0175 POST error occur.
- (Fix) If ECP mode is selected, parallel port does not work after resume from standby state on Windows Me and Windows 2000.
- (Fix) PC-Doctor 3D engine test cause system hang.
Symptoms corrected by version 1.17 - IYET57WW
- (New) Microsoft Windows XP support
- (New) Improved resume speed on Windows Me and Windows 2000.
- (Fix) If Alert On LAN 2 is enabled, sometimes file transfer through network fails.
Symptom corrected by version 1.18 - IYET57WW
- (New) Improved thermal control measures
Symptoms corrected by version 1.19 - IYET58WW
- (New) Enhance BIOS image data integrity at flash update
- (New) 2002 is added to BIOS Copyright text
- (New) Improved thermal control
- (Fix) Netfinity utility does not work on OS/2
- (Fix) Some HDD partition information causes boot failure
- (Fix) OS install using Remote Deployment Manager (RDM) cause system hang
- (Fix) Password is required twice if user press F1 key when password prompt appear
- (Fix) If system is turned off immediately during first power on process, it may cause power on hang at next time
- (Fix) Dock/undock operation on Windows 98 cause system freeze if DVD/CD-RW combo device is installed in docking station
- (Fix) If hibernation file structure is special, hibernation wakeup cause system hang
- (Fix) System did not wait long enough for the command that stops the HDD spindle motor during a system power off
- (Fix) If supervisor password is enabled, disabling Legacy Floppy Devices in BIOS setup startup menu does not work properly
Symptoms corrected by version 1.20 - IYET59WW
- (Fix) Hibernation wakeup causes the system to hang if the supervisor password is installed and BIOS update diskette is inserted.
- (Fix) POST 175 error may occur if the system is powered off during POST.
- (Fix) Password prompt appears if the user performs a reboot after suspend/resume on ACPI operating system.
- (Fix) POST hang may occur if the CMOS value is incorrect.
Symptom corrected by version 1.21 - IYET60WW
- (New) Enhancement of the password security feature.
Symptom corrected by vVersion IYET61WW - 1.22
- (New) Enhancement of the battery control.
Any ThinkPad T20 system
Click here to download the latest BIOS update diskette.
Click here to download the latest diskless BIOS Update.