All references to Slave Controller updates pertain to the ThinkPad 770E/ED only, not the ThinkPad 770 which will not allow for updates.
Symptoms corrected by version 1.00 - I7ET40WW
- (Fix) System hangs when connecting to the network using CardBus card in battery operation.
- (Fix) Audio sound playback sometimes becomes slow after resume from suspend mode or hibernation mode in battery operation.
- (Fix) Audio sound sounds continuously after resume from low battery suspend mode or low battery hibernation mode.
- (Fix) Resume hang intermittently occurs when resuming from suspend mode.
- (Fix) Key input is disabled if password is entered incorrectly more than three times when resuming from suspend mode by timer resume function or modem RI signal.
Symptoms corrected by version 1.10 - IDET15WW
- (New) Supported 8.1GB hard disk drive.
- (Fix) If you touch keyboard right after entering power on password, Key may not be entered.
- (Fix) If you run the diagnostics with the following condition, the error message may be shown even if there is no problem.
- PCMCIA test with Selectadock
- Serial Port test with Selectadock
- DSP test
Symptoms corrected by version 1.21 - IDET23WW
- (New) Support for 770E/770ED and Microsoft Windows 98
- (Fix) The resume password prompt is illegible when resume from suspend in OS/2.
- (Fix) TCO application may report invalid information for memory.
- (Fix) The work around for the cardbus card which does not support clock run protocol is implemented.
- (Fix) System hangs intermittently in PC DOS7.
- (Fix) Screen blank problem occurs intermittently in SPSD 1.10.
- (Fix) TP770 docked SelectaDock III does not come up hard disk drive indicator.
Symptoms corrected by version 1.22 - IDET24WW
- (Fix) After the network card is installed, when user closes/opens the LCD,a blank screen appears on NT.
- (Fix) 217/93/9210 error (unexpected result of drive diag) occurs on slim DVD drive.
- (Fix) ACPI Revision update
- (Fix) ThinkPad 770 CMOS setting should be "ACPI Disable". (TP770E/TP770ED system does not have this problem.) (Important Notice)
To apply this fix, the following operation is required.
- Start Easy-Setup by power on with F1-key.
- Click Config icon.
- Click Initialize icon.
- Click OK.
- Click Exit.
- (Fix) Support security function for hard disk drive (hard disk drive) password which is in the docking station.
- (Fix) IDE device is not detected after you hibernate the ThinkPad and cold dock it to the docking station
- (Fix) Password can not be input, when the system is put into standby mode (rather than suspend) by the suspend timer function when attached to a docking station.
- (Fix) When the power on password is set in Microsoft Windows 98 and the system is put into standby mode (rather than suspend) by other conditions, the password icon screen comes up by a key input after the screen goes blank by the screen timer off function.
Symptoms corrected by version 1.23 - IDET25WW
- (Fix) Horizontal line noises appear intermittently.
- (Fix) Even if the screen timer off function is disabled, the screen goes blank after some period of time on the external CRT.
Symptom corrected by version 1.24 - IDET26WW
- (New) Support for PC Card Enabler with Advanced EtherJet Feature
Symptoms corrected by version 1.25 - IDET28WW
- (Fix) External FDD isn't recognized after hot docking in Windows 98.
- (Fix) Battery Meter shows "unknown" after Battery insertion in Windows 98 ACPI mode.
- (New) Include BIOS support required for Preboot eXecution Environment(PXE) compliance. UUID(Universally Unique ID) is also supported to comply with this PXE specifications.
NOTE: If the UUID is not set and is required, set it using IBM ThinkPad System UUID Update Diskette. If the UUID is all zeros (00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000), it means that the UUID is not set. This can be checked at Easy-Setup screen.
- (Fix) UUID should be displayed as lower case characters.
- (Fix) Change the voltage drop timing of PCMCIA slot in battery mode at power off.
Symptoms corrected by version 1.27 - IDET30WW
- (Fix) Microsoft IntelliMouse is disabled after suspend/resume on Windows 98 APM mode.
- (New) Screen resolution and color cannot be changed in the OS/2 System Setting if ThinkPad Video Features IV for OS/2 Version 1.04 or later is installed.
- (New) Once system wakes up from standby mode (Fn+F3) on Windows 98, hard disk drive motor stops if Windows 98 does not access to hard disk drive about 5sec. hard disk drive off timer setting in control panel becomes invalid.
- (New) If user docks a system to docking station curing suspend, system resumes intermittently.
- (New) Data Corruption Error with 100Mbps Token-Ring Card in Docking Station.
Symptoms corrected by version 1.28 - IDET30WW
- (Fix) Version of BIOS is not displayed correctly by LANClient Control Manager.
NOTE: Change is only made to the diskette volume label, not to System Program. If you have already applied Version 1.27, you don't need to update System Program by 1.28.
Symptoms corrected by version 1.29 - IDET33WW
- (New) Support for Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional Beta-3 Release
- (New) Following display adapter support, Colorgraphic Evolution 4, Matrox Productiva G100, and Matrox Millennium G200 SD
Symptoms corrected by version 1.30 - IDET34WW
- (New) Support for Windows 2000 RC2 Release
- (Fix) Cancel NumLock during Power on Password entry at resuming.
- (Fix) On Windows 2000, system does not enter full suspend with PC card once OS hibernation-wakeup is used.
- (Fix) Support for Adaptec AHA2940U2W
Symptoms corrected by version 1.32 - BIOS:IDET36WW, slave:EXET09WW
- (New) Support for Windows 2000 Release
- (Fix) The system now forces UltraDMA mode for Docking IDE to UltraDMA mode2.
- (Fix) Support for ATI Technologies XPERT98.
- (Fix) Battery charging parameters changed to optimize battery function (770E and 770ED only).
- This release is for updating the slave controller program to version 1.09, 11/11/99 - EXET09WW(770E and 770ED only).
- The slave controller manages the Power Management functions of the system.
Symptoms corrected by version 1.33 - BIOS: IDET37WW, slave controller:EXET09WW>
- (Fix) Updates the 770E/ED slave controller version to 1.09.
- (Fix) Windows 95 OSR2.1, After installing USB and other device drivers the system hang when rebooting.
- (Fix) After updating the BIOS, Linux can not be installed or will not boot.
- (Fix) During the hibernation process in Windows 2000, the LCD panel is turned off.
- (Fix) When using PCI video cards, the system will not resume from standby mode.
Symptoms corrected by version 1.34 - IDET38WW
- (New) Microsoft Windows XP Support(770E and 770ED only)
- (Fix) OS installation failure with CD-ROM boot
- (Fix) Linux system fails with memory size detection. Linux system only.
- (Fix) System doesn't boot with hard disk drives which use all of root directory.
Any ThinkPad 770, 770E, 770ED systems
Click here to download the latest BIOS update diskette.