Symptoms corrected by the latest BIOS update - ThinkPad A21e(2628)
Symptoms corrected by version 1.01 (KUET24WW)
- (New) Support for ThinkPad A21e systems (Machine Type 2628).
- (Fix) System will sometimes hang when executing PCHealth Scheduler for Data Collection during screen off state in Microsoft Windows Me.
Symptom corrected by version 1.02 (KUET25WW)
- (Fix) Some systems with a hard disk drive(HDD) password installed may hang a few minutes and shutdown while turning on with Wake-on-LAN.
Symptoms corrected by version 1.07 (KUET30WW)
- (Fix) System cannot boot from a hard disk drive with partition ID of n5h. (n is 1 or greater)
- (Fix) POST 189 error.
- (Fix) Sometimes there is no display on LCD after opening LCD lid without external display.
- (Fix) Reboot from BIOS-call causes system hang.
Symptoms corrected by version 1.09 (KUET32WW)
- (Fix) Cannot boot from CD-ROM when CD-ROM follows network boot in boot order.
- (New) BIOS Copyright text is changed
- (New) Add SuperDisk Boot disable selection to allow SuperDisk drive to be assigned fixed letter.
- (Fix) System may restart automatically when wake up from hibernation on Microsoft Windows 95.
- (Fix) DMA channel of ECP parallel port may not be available on Windows Me and Microsoft Windows 2000.
- (New) Add F1 prompt message display disable selection.
- (Fix) Wording of PCI IRQ setting in BIOS setup is misleading.
- (Fix) Screen is blackout even if LID is opened after boot with LID close.
- (Fix) "Save Changes" and then power off can not keep the change of setting.
- (Fix) If 3.3V 16bit PC card is attached, POST takes 3 seconds longer.
- (Fix) 84-key is selected on cold boot under Microsoft Windows NT4.0.
- (Fix) Sometimes keyboard becomes unresponse after restart.
- (Fix) 0175 POST error occur.
Symptom corrected by version 1.10 - KUET33WW
- (New) Microsoft Windows XP Support
Symptoms corrected by version 1.11 - KUET34WW
- (New) Enhance BIOS image data integrity at flash update.
- (New) 2002 is added to BIOS Copyright text.
- (Fix) Some HDD partition information causes boot failure.
- (Fix) Operating System install using Remote Deployment Manager (RDM = LCCM) causes system hang.
- (Fix) Password is required twice if the user presses the F1 key when the password prompt appears.
- (Fix) If a system is turned off immediately during first power on process, it may cause power on hang next time.
- (Fix) If hibernation file structure is special, hibernation wakeup may cause system hang.
- (Fix) System did not wait long enough for the command that stops the HDD spindle motor during a system power off.
- (Fix) If a supervisor password is enabled, disable of Legacy Floppy Devices by '!' in BIOS setup startup menu does not work.
Symptoms corrected by version 1.12 - KUET35WW
- (New) Add POST 175 error recovery process.
- (New) Improve system internal data protection.
- (Fix) System can not boot when BIOS data is broken.
Symptoms corrected by version 1.13 - KUET36WW
- (New) Have a BIOS option to disable the option of the built-in network card to expand a usable DOS memory area.
- (New) Enahancement of the password security feature.
- (Fix) (Windows 98)BIOS sometimes displays an error message at hibernation wakeup if a USB memory key is used in Windows 98.
- (Fix) Boot priority for the network boot does not reset to the default setting, if the F9 key is pressed twice in IBM BIOS Setup Utility
Any of the following ThinkPad systems:
- ThinkPad A21e
- ThinkPad i Series 1800 (2628-IAJ/2632-I1J)
Click here to download the latest BIOS update in a diskette format.
Click here to download the latest BIOS update in a diskless format.
Legacy Document ID
Copyright © Lenovo 2013, all rights reserved