ExpressCache & IFFS Partition Recreation
Use this procedure if you are replacing an mSATA drive
- Determine which configuration your product supports (Cache only or Cache+IFFS)
- Cache only config
- Cache + IFFS config
- Install ExpressCache application in a Windows 7 system.(No mSATA attached)
- Copy the vbs files into any directory, e.g. c:\SWTOOLS\
- Plug mSATA into the unit (ExpressCache and vbs file ready).
- Run cmd.exe with administrator rights (start->all programs->accessories->command prompt)
- cd c:\SWTOOLS\ (go to your vbs directory )
- xxxx.vbs (input corresponding vbs file)
- Press Enter (warning message will popup if mSATA / ExpressCache is not ready or partition exists in mSATA)
- Reboot after successful information appears.
During the running of above vbs file, the following popup message may appear:
- "You have not installed Diskeeper ExpressCache, Please install the Software first"
- Please install ExpressCache application first , then run the vbs file again.
- "There is NO mSATA detected, please check mSATA attached"
- Please plug your mSATA device first, then run the vbs file again.
- "You have partitions on your mSATA device. Please back up and delete it"
- Please run clean_msata.vbs first (same step as above vbs file), then run the previous vbs file again.
If you are unable to find what you are looking for, please do try the following options:
1. Lenovo Assisted Search
2. Product usage and general troubleshooting tips
3. Lenovo Support Forum
4. Technical Support Call Centre
Copyright © Lenovo 2013, all rights reserved