DIMM(memory) installation movie - ThinkPad T510, T510i, W510
- There are two locations for memory in the W510; two are in a butterfly orientation under a panel on the bottom and two more, in double deck formation are under the keyboard.
- Memory placement in the W510 is crucial.
- Single DIMM in slots 3 or 4 will not be recognized at all.
- Carefully place the DIMM into position in the DIMM slot.
- Rotate it down until it clicks.
- Repeat for the other DIMMs, if applicable.
- Lower the keyboard into position on the palmrest.
- Reconnect the ribbon cable to the systemboard.
- Slide the keyboard into the back and down.
- Push the keyboard forward.
- Close the cover and turn the system over.
- Replace the two retaining screws.
- Replace the cover and secure it with the two retaining screws.
- Slide the battery into the slot on the bottom of the notebook until it clicks into place.
ThinkPad movie index
Full service video CD available from http://www.lenovoservicetraining.com/
Legacy Document ID
Copyright © Lenovo 2013, all rights reserved