Front panel connectors assembly removal and installation - ThinkStation S20 (type 4105, 4157, 4217)
Do not open your computer or attempt any repair before reading and understanding the "Important safety information" in the ThinkStation Safety and Warranty Guide that came with your computer.
This section provides instructions on how to replace the front panel connectors assembly.
To remove or replace the front panel connectors assembly, do the following:
- Remove the computer cover. See "Cover removal".
- Remove the front bezel. See "Front bezel removal and installation".
- Locate the front panel connectors assembly.
- Disconnect the front audio, front USB, and auxiliary LED cables from the system board and note the cables routing. See "Locating parts on the system board".
- Remove the screw that secures the front panel connectors assembly to the chassis. Rotate the assembly to release it completely from the chassis.
- Install the new front panel connectors assembly into the chassis and secure it with the screw.
- Reconnect the cables to the system board.
- Go to "Completing the FRU replacement".
Legacy Document ID
Copyright © Lenovo 2013, all rights reserved