Hard disk drive (HDD) cover, HDD and HDD rubber rails or solid state drive (SSD) and storage converter removal and installation - Thinkpad W700, W700ds, W701, W701ds
- Do not drop the hard disk drive or apply any physical shock to it. The hard disk drive is sensitive to physical shock. Improper handling can cause damage and permanent loss of data.
- Before removing the drive, have the user make a backup copy of all the information on it if possible.
- Never remove the drive while the system is operating or is in suspend mode.
- When replacing a hard disk drive in a RAID configured array, depending on which type of array is used, rebuilding the RAID array might be required.
- In this product, RAID is not enabled by default.
- Good or non-failing drives have to be in HDD Slot 0 if you have RAID 1.
For access, remove this FRU:
Please perform the following steps as shown in the pictures below.
Mounted number of the hard disk drive depends on the models. In models with RAID features, two hard disk drives that have same FRU no. must be used in slot 0 ([a]) and in slot 1 ([b]).
When installing: Make sure that the HDD connector or SSD connector is attached firmly.
HDD and HDD rubber rails:
When installing: The rubber rails on the hard disk drive must be attached to the replacement drive. Otherwise the drive cannot be installed properly.
SSD and storage converter:
Legacy Document ID
Copyright © Lenovo 2013, all rights reserved