Hard disk drive (HDD) cover, HDD and HDD rubber rails or Solid State Drive (SSD) and storage converter removal and installation - ThinkPad T500, W500
- Do not drop the hard disk drive or apply any physical shock to it. The hard disk drive is sensitive to physical shock. Improper handling can cause damage and permanent loss of data.
- Before removing the drive, have the user make a backup copy of all the information on it if possible.
- Never remove the drive while the system is operating or is in suspend mode.
For access, remove this FRU:
Please perform the following steps as shown in the pictures below.
|1||Hard disk drive screw, nylon-coated (1)||Black||0.189 Nm(1.85 kgfcm)|
When installing: Make sure that the HDD connector or SSD connector is attached firmly.
When installing: The rubber rails on the hard disk drive must be attached to the replacement drive. Otherwise the drive cannot be installed properly.
If you are unable to find what you are looking for, please do try the following options:
1. Lenovo Assisted Search
2. Product usage and general troubleshooting tips
3. Lenovo Support Forum
4. Technical Support Call Centre
Legacy Document ID
Copyright © Lenovo 2013, all rights reserved