Heat sink removal and installation - ThinkCentre M58 (type 7187, 7359, 8820) M58p (type 6136, 7345, 7479, 9961)
This section provides instructions on how to replace the heat sink.
- Open the computer cover. See "Cover removal".
- Locate the heat sink. See "Locating components".
- Remove the four screws securing the heat sink to the system board.
Note: The four screws can be removed from the system board only and cannot be removed from the heat sink.
- Lift the failing heat sink off the system board.
- Position the new heat sink on the system board so that the four screws are aligned with the holes on the system board. Tighten the four screws to secure the heat sink to the system board.
- Go to "Completing the FRU replacement".
Legacy Document ID
Copyright © Lenovo 2013, all rights reserved