Adapter card removal and installation - ThinkCentre M58 (type 7187, 7359, 8820) M58p (type 6136, 7345, 7479, 9961)
This section provides instructions on how to replace the adapter card.
Note: You need to remove the system board in order to replace the adapter card.
- Open the computer cover. See "Cover removal".
- Locate the system board and disconnect all cables connected to the system board. See "Locating parts on the system board".
- Press inward on the two side tabs and then pivot the system board to release it from the chassis.
- Place the system board on a clean and flat surface.
- Locate the adapter card slot. See "Locating parts on the system board".
- Rotate the adapter card retainer to the open position and remove the adapter card being replaced by pulling it out of the adapter card slot.
- Remove the new adapter card from its static-protective package.
- Install the new adapter card into the adapter card slot. Make sure that the adapter card is firmly fixed in the slot and does not move easily.
- Close the adapter card retainer.
- Slide the system board to the rear of the chassis and then pivot the system board until it is locked by the mounting stud on each side of the cover.
- Reconnect all cables that were disconnected from the system board.
- Go to "Completing the FRU replacement".
If you are unable to find what you are looking for, please do try the following options:
1. Lenovo Assisted Search
2. Product usage and general troubleshooting tips
3. Lenovo Support Forum
4. Technical Support Call Centre
Legacy Document ID
Copyright © Lenovo 2013, all rights reserved