Cover removal - ThinkCentre M58 (type 7187, 7359, 8820) M58p (type 6136, 7345, 7479, 9961)
Turn off the computer and wait three to five minutes to let the computer cool before removing the computer cover.
This section provides instructions on how to open the computer cover.
- Remove any media from the drives, shut down your operating system, and turn off all attached devices and the computer.
- Unplug all power cords from electrical outlets.
- Disconnect the cables attached to the computer. This includes power cords, input/output (I/O) cables, and any other cables that are connected to the computer. See "Locating front controls and connectors" and "Locating rear connectors".
- Remove any locking devices, such as a cable lock that secures the computer cover.
- Carefully lift and position the computer upside down.
- Pivot the cover-release button (1) on the rear of the computer and then raise the cover as shown.
Legacy Document ID
Copyright © Lenovo 2013, all rights reserved