Diskette drive or optional card reader removal and installation - ThinkStation D10 (type 6427, 6493)
This section provides instructions on how to replace the diskette drive or card reader.
- Open the computer cover. See "Cover removal".
- Locate the drive or card reader cable connectors. See "Locating system board connectors and components".
- Note the location of the drive or card reader cables. Disconnect the drive or card reader cables from the system board.
- Press the drive latch (2) and slide the drive or card reader from the chassis.
- Disconnect the flat cable from the rear of the failing diskette drive or card reader.
- Connect the flat cable to the new diskette drive or card reader.
- Install the new drive into the drive-bay assembly and lock the drive or card reader into position.
- Go to "Completing the FRU replacement".
If you are unable to find what you are looking for, please do try the following options:
1. Lenovo Assisted Search
2. Product usage and general troubleshooting tips
3. Lenovo Support Forum
4. Technical Support Call Centre
Legacy Document ID
Copyright © Lenovo 2013, all rights reserved