Optical drive removal and installation - ThinkStation D10 (type 6427, 6493)
This section provides instructions on how to replace the optical drive.
- Open the computer cover. See "Cover removal".
- Remove the front bezel. See "Front bazel removal and installation".
- Locate the optical-drive connectors. See "Locating system board connectors and components".
- Note the location of the optical-drive cables. Disconnect the signal and power cables from the rear of the optical drive.
- Press the drive latch (1) (for the drive you want to remove) and slide the optical-drive from the chassis.
- Install the new optical-drive from the front of the drive-bay assembly. Slide the optical-drive toward the rear of the chassis to lock the drive into position.
- Connect the flat cable to the new optical-drive.
- Go to "Completing the FRU replacement"
If you are unable to find what you are looking for, please do try the following options:
1. Lenovo Assisted Search
2. Product usage and general troubleshooting tips
3. Lenovo Support Forum
4. Technical Support Call Centre
Legacy Document ID
Copyright © Lenovo 2013, all rights reserved