Diskette drive or optional card reader removal and installation - ThinkStation S10 (type 6423 and 6483)
This section provides instructions on how to replace the diskette drive or card reader.
- Open the computer cover. See "Cover removal".
- Locate the drive cable connectors. See "Locating system board connectors and components".
- Note the location of the drive cables. Disconnect the drive cables from the system board.
- Press the drive latch 2 and slide the drive from the chassis.
Note: If necessary, remove the front bezel. See "Front bezel removal".
- Disconnect the flat cable from the rear of the failing diskette drive.
- Install the new drive into the drive-bay assembly and lock the drive into position.
- Connect the flat cable to the new diskette drive.
- If the front bezel was removed, install the bezel.
- Go to "Completing the FRU replacement".
Legacy Document ID
Copyright © Lenovo 2013, all rights reserved