Adapter card removal and installation - ThinkStation S10 (type 6423 and 6483)
- Turn off the computer and allow the computer to cool for 3-5 minutes.
- Open the computer cover. See "Cover removal".
- Unlatch and open the card retainer 1.
- Take note of the location of all cable connections on the adapter card. It will be necessary to reconnect them properly when installing a new card.
- Disconnect all cables connected to the adapter card. See "Locating system board connectors and components".
- Some models have:
- A screw installed in the adapter bracket, remove this screw.
- An additional retention feature located on the card guide end. Push the retention feature toward the front of the chassis before removing the adapter card.
- Release the card support retaining latches. Grasp the adapter card and pull the card out of the slot.
Note: The card is a tight fit, so it might be necessary to remove each side a little at a time until the card is removed from the card slot.
- Reverse this procedure to install the card, and then proceed to step 9.
- Go to "Completing the FRU replacement".
Legacy Document ID
Copyright © Lenovo 2013, all rights reserved