Cover Removal - ThinkStation S10 (type 6423 and 6483)
To open the computer cover:
- Remove any media (diskettes, CDs, or tapes) from the drives, shut down your operating system. Turn off all attached devices. Turn off the computer.
Turn off the computer and wait 3 to 5 minutes to let the computer cool before opening the computer cover.
- Unplug all power cords from electrical outlets.
- Disconnect the cables attached to the computer. This includes power cords, input/output (I/O) cables, and any other cables that are connected to the computer.
- Remove any locking devices, such as a cable lock or padlock that secures the computer cover.
- Disengage the cover latch 1, and open the cover. Remove the cover and place it on a flat surface.
To replace the cover:
- Align the cover with the chassis.
- Close the cover.
- Engage the cover latch.
- Check to be sure the cover is latched.
- Secure the cover using your locking device.
Legacy Document ID
Copyright © Lenovo 2013, all rights reserved