Replacing the front panel card - ThinkCentre M57 (type 6068, 6074, 9172, 6008) / M57p (type 9087, 9193, 9018, 9012)
To replace the front panel card, do the following:
- Remove cover. See "Cover removal".
- Remove the drive bay assembly. See "Accessing system board components and drives".
- Disconnect the front panel assembly cables from the system board. See the system board illustration for your machine type at "System board connectors".
- Remove the screw that secures the front panel card assembly to the chassis.
- Note the front panel assembly cable routing and remove the assembly from the chassis.
- Route the cable for the new front panel card assembly through the hole in the chassis and to the system board.
- Install the front panel card assembly into the chassis and secure it with the screw.
- Connect the front panel assembly cables to the system board.
- Align the drive bay assembly with the two slots and rails on the sides of the chassis and slide the drive bay assembly towards the rear of the chassis until it snaps into position.
- Reinstall the front bezel.
- Go to "Completing the FRU replacement".
If you are unable to find what you are looking for, please do try the following options:
1. Lenovo Assisted Search
2. Product usage and general troubleshooting tips
3. Lenovo Support Forum
4. Technical Support Call Centre
Legacy Document ID
Copyright © Lenovo 2013, all rights reserved