Diskette drive removal and installation - ThinkCentre M57 (type 6068, 6074, 9172, 6008) / M57p (type 9087, 9193, 9018, 9012)
To replace the diskette drive, do the following:
- Remove the computer cover. See "Cover removal".
- Remove the drive bay assembly. See "Accessing system board components and drives".
- Release the diskette drive by pressing inward on the blue retainer at the side of the drive.
- Remove the failing diskette drive by sliding it out the front of the drive bay assembly.
- Remove the retainer bracket from the failing drive and install it on the new drive.
- Install the new diskette drive into the drive bay from the front until it snaps into position.
- Reconnect the signal and power cables to the rear of the diskette drive.
- Align the drive bay assembly with the two slots and rails on the sides of the chassis and slide the drive bay assembly towards the rear of the chassis until it snaps into position.
- Reinstall the front bezel.
- Go to "Completing the parts replacement".
Legacy Document ID
Copyright © Lenovo 2013, all rights reserved