Optical drive removal and installation - ThinkCentre M57 (type 6068, 6074, 9172, 6008) / M57p (type 9087, 9193, 9018, 9012)
This procedure describes how to remove and replace an optical drive.
- Remove the computer cover. See "Cover removal".
- Remove the drive bay assembly. See "Accessing system board components and drives".
- Release the optical drive from the drive bay assembly by pressing inward on the blue retainer at the side of the drive.
- Slide the optical drive being replaced out the front of the drive bay assembly.
- Remove the retainer bracket from the failing drive and install it on the new drive.
- Install the new optical drive into the bay until it snaps into position.
- Reconnect the signal and power cables to the rear of the optical drive.
- Align the drive bay assembly with the two slots and rails on the sides of the chassis and slide the drive bay assembly towards the rear of the chassis until it snaps into position.
- Reinstall the front bezel.
- Go to "Completing the FRU replacement".
If you are unable to find what you are looking for, please do try the following options:
1. Lenovo Assisted Search
2. Product usage and general troubleshooting tips
3. Lenovo Support Forum
4. Technical Support Call Centre
Legacy Document ID
Copyright © Lenovo 2013, all rights reserved