Replacing the power supply - ThinkCentre M57 (type 6068, 6074, 9172, 6008) / M57p (type 9087, 9193, 9018, 9012)
Attention: Never remove the cover on a power supply or any part that has the following label attached.
Hazardous voltage, current, and energy levels are present inside any component that has this label attached. There are no serviceable parts inside these components.
To replace the power supply, do the following:
- Remove the cover. See "Cover removal".
- Remove the drive bay assembly. See "Accessing system board components and drives".
- Disconnect all power supply cables from the system board. See the system board diagram for your machine type at "System board connectors".
- Remove the hard disk drive. See "Replacing the hard disk drive".
Note: Observe the power supply cable routing underneath the hard disk drive.
- The system board must be moved out of the way to remove the power supply. Remove the screws that secure the system board to the chassis and slide the system board away from the power supply.
Note: You do not have to remove the system board from the chassis to remove the power supply.
- At the rear of the chassis, remove the three screws that secure the power supply. Also remove the screw that secures the power supply at the front.
- Lift the power supply out of the chassis.
- If the power supply has a voltage-selection switch, ensure that it is set to match the voltage available at the electrical outlet.
- If the voltage supply range in your local country or region is 100-127 V ac, set the switch to 115 V.
- If the voltage supply range in your local country or region is 200-240 V ac, set the switch to 230 V.
- Install the new power supply and install the three screws that secure the power supply at the rear of the chassis and install the screw that secures the power supply at the front.
- Position the system board so that the screws holes are properly aligned and install the system board screws.
- Route the power supply cable through the cable clamps underneath the hard disk drive and reconnect all power supply cables to the system board.
- Install the hard disk drive. See "Replacing the hard disk drive".
- Align the drive bay assembly studs with the two slots on the sides of the chassis and place it into position. Reconnect any diskette drive and optical drive cables that were disconnected.
- Using the blue handle, slide the drive bay assembly towards the rear of the chassis until it snaps into position.
- Reinstall the front bezel.
- Go to "Completing the parts replacement".
Legacy Document ID
Copyright © Lenovo 2013, all rights reserved