CMOS battery removal and installation - ThinkCentre M57 (type 6068, 6074, 9172, 6008) / M57p (type 9087, 9193, 9018, 9012)
If the CMOS battery fails, the date, time, and configuration information (including passwords) are lost. An error message is displayed when you turn on the computer.
Important: Refer to the "Safety and Warranty Guide" for information about replacing and disposing of the battery.
CAUTION: When replacing the lithium battery, use only Part Number 33F8354 or an equivalent type battery recommended by the manufacturer.
- Remove the cover. See "Cover removal".
- Locate the battery. See "System board diagram" for the connector location.
- You might have to remove any PCI adapters that impede access to the battery.
- Remove the old battery.
- Install the new battery.
- Replace any PCI adapters that were removed.
Note: When the computer is turned on for the first time after battery replacement, an error message might be displayed. This is normal after replacing the battery.
- Go to "Completing the FRU replacement".
If you are unable to find what you are looking for, please do try the following options:
1. Lenovo Assisted Search
2. Product usage and general troubleshooting tips
3. Lenovo Support Forum
4. Technical Support Call Centre
Legacy Document ID
Copyright © Lenovo 2013, all rights reserved