Cover removal and installation - ThinkCentre M57 (type 6068, 6074, 9172, 6008) / M57p (type 9087, 9193, 9018, 9012)
Important: Turn off your computer and wait 3 to 5 minutes to let the computer cool before removing the computer cover.
To remove the computer cover:
- Remove any media (diskettes, CDs, or tapes) from the drives, shut down the operating system, and turn off all attached devices.
- Unplug all power cords from electrical outlets.
- Disconnect all cables attached to the computer. This includes power cords, input/output (I/O) cables, and any other cables that are connected to the computer.
- Remove any locking devices such as a padlock that secure the cover.
- If the cover is secured with thumbscrews, remove them.
- Press the button near the front of the computer cover and slide the cover to the rear.
Legacy Document ID
Copyright © Lenovo 2013, all rights reserved