Hard drive removal and installation - ThinkPad R61
- Turn off the computer; then disconnect the AC adapter and all cables from the computer.
- Close the computer display, and turn the computer over.
- Remove the battery.
- Remove the screw that secures the hard drive.
- Remove the cover; then remove the hard drive by pulling out the tab.
- Detach the side rubber rails from the hard drive.
- Attach the side rubber rails to a new hard drive.
- Insert the hard drive into the hard drive bay; then press it firmly into place.
- Reinstall the cover of the bay, and reinstall the screw.
- Reinstall the battery.
- Turn the computer over again. Connect the AC adapter and the cables to the computer.
Legacy Document ID
Copyright © Lenovo 2013, all rights reserved