Hard drive removal and installation - ThinkPad R61
- Turn off the computer; then disconnect the AC adapter and all cables from the computer.
- Close the computer display, and turn the computer over.
- Remove the battery.
- Remove the screw that secures the hard drive.
- Remove the cover; then remove the hard drive by pulling out the tab.
- Detach the side rubber rails from the hard drive.
- Attach the side rubber rails to a new hard drive.
- Insert the hard drive into the hard drive bay; then press it firmly into place.
- Reinstall the cover of the bay, and reinstall the screw.
- Reinstall the battery.
- Turn the computer over again. Connect the AC adapter and the cables to the computer.
If you are unable to find what you are looking for, please do try the following options:
1. Lenovo Assisted Search
2. Product usage and general troubleshooting tips
3. Lenovo Support Forum
4. Technical Support Call Centre
Legacy Document ID
Copyright © Lenovo 2013, all rights reserved