Keyboard removal and installation - ThinkPad R60, R60e
Note: To replace the Mini PCI Express Card or the Modem Daughter Card, you need to remove the palm rest and then the keyboard. To replace the memory, you need only to remove the palm rest.
Attention: During electrical storms, do not connect the cable to or disconnect it from the telephone outlet on the wall.
Electric current from power, telephone, and communication cables is hazardous. To avoid shock hazard, disconnect the cables before opening the cover of this slot.
- Turn off the system; then disconnect the ac adapter and all cables from the system. Wait for a few minutes, till the inside of the system cools, before you start the following procedures
- Close the system display, and turn the system over.
- Remove the battery.
- Remove the four screws that secure the palm rest (1), and the one screw that secures the keyboard (2).
- Turn the system over and open the display. Push at the sides of the palm rest so it bends upwards in the middle slightly, and then lift it away from the system a little.
- Move the palm rest carefully away from the system until you can see where it is connected (1), and then detach the connector (2).
- Carefully lift the keyboard until you can see how it is connected. Hold the keyboard above the computer, and then detach the connector. Now the keyboard has been removed.
To install the keyboard, perform the steps in reverse order.
If you are unable to find what you are looking for, please do try the following options:
1. Lenovo Assisted Search
2. Product usage and general troubleshooting tips
3. Lenovo Support Forum
4. Technical Support Call Centre
Legacy Document ID
Copyright © Lenovo 2013, all rights reserved