Hard drive removal movie - ThinkPad X60, X60s, X61, X61s
Hard drive installation movie
To remove the hard disk drive:
- Remove the battery pack:
- Turn the computer off.
- Disconnect the AC adapter and all cables from the computer.
- Close the computer display and turn the computer over.
- Unlock battery latch one.
- Unlock and hold battery latch two, and then slide out the battery pack
Here is a closer look at a battery pack latch.
- Remove the hard disk drive:
- Remove the single screw securing the hard disk drive cover and lift the cover off.
- Using the tab, pull the drive out.
- Remove the hard disk drive shock mounts:
- Flex the shock mount to release it from the drive, and place aside.
- Use the same procedure to remove the other shock mount.
ThinkPad movie index
Detailed installation and removal instructions
Full service video CD available from http://www.pc.ibm.com/training.
Legacy Document ID
Copyright © Lenovo 2013, all rights reserved