Memory removal movie - ThinkPad X60, X60s, X61, X61s
Memory installation movie
To remove the DIMM:
- Remove the battery pack:
- Turn the computer off.
- Disconnect the AC adapter and all cables from the computer.
- Close the computer display and turn the computer over.
- Unlock battery latch one.
- Unlock and hold battery latch two, and then slide out the battery pack
Here is a closer look at a battery pack latch.
- Remove the DIMM:
- Loosen the two captive screws on the access panel and lift it off.
- Press the latches out to release the DIMM, allowing the DIMM to rotate up.
- Lift out the DIMM and place it on an ESD protected surface.
- Use the same procedure for the optional DIMM, if installed.
ThinkPad movie index
Detailed installation and removal instructions
Full service video CD available from http://www.pc.ibm.com/training.
If you are unable to find what you are looking for, please do try the following options:
1. Lenovo Assisted Search
2. Product usage and general troubleshooting tips
3. Lenovo Support Forum
4. Technical Support Call Centre
Legacy Document ID
Copyright © Lenovo 2013, all rights reserved