Modem daughter card (MDC) removal and installation - ThinkPad T60, T60p
Your computer has a Modem Daughter Card (MDC) slot, in which you can install a Modem Daughter Card.
- During electrical storms, do not connect the cable to or disconnect it from the telephone outlet on the wall.
- Electric current from power, telephone, and communication cables is hazardous. To avoid shock hazard, disconnect the cables before opening the cover of this slot.
- Before you start installing a MDC, touch a metal table or a grounded metal object. This action reduces any static electricity from your body. The static electricity could damage the card.
To replace the MDC, do as follows:
- Turn off the computer; then disconnect the AC adapter and all cables from the computer.
- Close the computer display, and turn the computer over.
- Remove the battery.
- Remove the keyboard.
- Remove the two screws securing the Card.
- Remove the Card by pulling the tab with your fingers.
- Turn the Card over (1), and then disconnect the modem cable (2) from the Card.
- Connect the modem cable to the new Card (3), and then turn the Card over (4).
- Insert the new Card into the slot so that it is seated firmly.
- Secure the Card with the two screws you removed in step 5.
Note: Do not use the keyboard screws to secure the card. The two screws for the MDC are shorter than the keyboard screws.
- Reinstall the keyboard.
- Put the battery in place.
- Turn the computer over again. Connect the AC adapter and cables to the computer; then turn it on.
Legacy Document ID
Copyright © Lenovo 2013, all rights reserved