Keyboard removal and installation - ThinkPad T60, T60p
Note: To replace the PCI Express Mini Card or the Modem Daughter Card, you need to remove the palm rest and then the keyboard. To replace the memory, you need only to remove the palm rest.
To remove the keyboard, do as follows:
- Turn off the computer; then disconnect the ac adapter and all cables from the computer. Wait for a few minutes, till the inside of the computer cools, before you start the following procedures.
- Close the computer display, and turn the computer over.
- Remove the battery.
- Remove the four screws that secure the palm rest (1), and the one screw that secures the keyboard (2)
- Turn the computer over and open the display. Push at the sides of the palm rest so it bends upwards in the middle a little, and lift it away from the computer a little.
- Move the palm rest carefully away from the computer until you can see where it's connected (1), and then detach the connector (2).
- Carefully lift the keyboard until you can see how it's connected. Hold the keyboard above the computer, and then detach the connector. Now the keyboard has been removed.
To reinstall the keyboard do as follows:
- Reinstall the keyboard by attaching it to the connector.
- Reinstall the palm rest by attaching it to the connector.
- Push the palm rest down and towards the keyboard until it clicks into place.
- Close the computer display, and turn the computer over. Reinstall four screws for the palm rest (1), and a screw for the keyboard (2).
- Reinstall the battery.
- Turn the computer over again. Connect the ac adapter and cables to the computer; then turn it on.
Legacy Document ID
Copyright © Lenovo 2013, all rights reserved