The Lenovo L171 17-inch LCD monitor offers:
- 17-inch (430-mm) viewable image size
- Native resolution of 1280 x 1024
- Ultra-slim bezel saves space
- Tilt stand for viewing comfort adjustments
- Direct access for automatic image setup and brightness for quick and easy monitor setup
- Attachment points for optional USB Soundbar (40Y7616)
- Analog attachment
- Internal power
- Kensington lock slot
- Meets 100 mm VESA standard for mounting
- Detachable stand for wall or arm (sold separately) mounting
- Available in Business Black
VESA is a registered trademark of the Video Electronics Standards Association.
|LCD size and type||17.0-in (430-mm) LCD|
|Display size||17.0 in/430 mm|
|Maximum viewable area||338 x 270 mm|
|Brightness (typical)||300 cd/m2|
|Contrast (typical)||500 : 1|
|Colors||> 16.0 million|
Horizontal: + 70 degrees / - 70 degrees
|Vertical: + 67 degrees / - 63 degrees|
|Cell response time (typical)||8 ms|
|RGB vertical stripe pixel pitch||0.264 mm|
|Video input||15-pin D|
|Tilt||4 degrees forward|
|30 degrees backward|
|Factory-preset display modes||15|
|SYNC on green||No|
|ISO 13406 Part 2||Yes|
|VESA DPMS power management capable||Yes|
|Power cord - detached||1.8 m|
|FCC B compliance||Yes|
|MPR-2 emission compliance||Yes|
|MPR-3 emission compliance||Yes|
|TCO99 Environmental Label||Yes|
|Acoustics||LWAD = 4.5 bels or less|
|Dimensions (monitor and stand)|
Weight: 10.8 lb (4.9kg) - 9227AB6
Weight: 11.2 lb (5.1kg) - 9227AC1
Height: 15.2 in (387 mm)
Width: 14.6 in (371 mm)
Depth: 6.4 in (162 mm)
|Power requirements||Input voltage: 100 to 240 V ac +/- 10%|
Frequency: 50/60 Hz +/-3 Hz
Power consumption (Normal Use): < 35 watts typical
Power consumption (VESA Standby): < 2 watts analog
Power consumption (VESA Suspend): < 2 watts analog
Power consumption (VESA Off): < 1 watt
Maximum earth leakage current: < 3.5 mA at 264 V
Maximum earth leakage current: < 0.25 mA at 100 V
|Power cord - detached||1.8 m|
* The noise emission level stated is the declared (upper limit) A-weighted sound power level, in bels, for a random sample of monitors. All measurements are made in accordance with ANSI S12.10 and reported in conformance with ISO/DIS 7779.
Note: Actual power consumption depends on the screen mode used, the images displayed, and how user controls are set.
- One monitor
- Tilt stand with customer-installed base
- Attached 1.8-meter analog video signal cable (15-pin D to 15-pin D)
- Power cord
- A 3 -> 2 pin AC adapter (Japan only)
- A Japanese proof of purchase card (Japan only)
- CD containing multilingual user's guide, set-up test pattern, and .INF file
- Setup Poster
- Safety, Troubleshooting and Warranty Guide
3 year Customer Carry-in or Mail-in using Rapid Replacement Service
- Announce date: 23 Feb 2006
- Planned availability date: 28 Feb 2006 (North America, Latin America)
- Planned availability date: 23 Feb 2006 (Europe/Middle East/Africa)
- Planned availability date: 23 Feb 2006 (Asia Pacific; except the Peoples Republic of China)
- Announce date: 7 Nov 2006
- Planned availability date: 10 Nov 2006 (United States, Canada, Latin America, Asia Pacific)
The L171 LCD monitor is intended to operate with system units or video adapters that generate a video output signal falling within the L171 specification:
- Maximum addressability (pixels) 1280 x 1024
- Maximum pixel rate (MHz) 140
The L171 LCD monitor supports VESA Standard Timings as detailed in "Display Monitor Timing Specification," Version 1.0, Revision 0.8, dated September 17, 1998, for the following modes:
- VGA: 640 x 480 at 60, 66, 72, and 75 Hz
- SVGA: 800 x 600 at 60, 72, and 75 Hz
- XGA: 1024 x 768 at 60, 70, and 75 Hz
- SXGA: 1280 x 1074 at 60, 70, and 75 Hz
The L171 LCD monitor also supports the following modes:
- 640 x 350 at 70 Hz
- 720 x 400 at 70 Hz
- 1280 x 1024 at 76 Hz
National language support is a function of the video adapter in the system unit and the application or support software.
Note: The L171 LCD monitor features factory-preset display modes. The actual display modes used depend on the attaching system unit, the operating system, and application software.
Dimensions (landscape orientation) and weight of the monitor and stand:
|Width||14.6 in (371 mm)||17.2 in (438 mm)|
|Depth||6.4 in (162 mm)||6.9 in (175 mm)|
|Height||15.2 in (387 mm)||15.0 in (380 mm)|
|Weight||10.8 lb (4.9 kg)||13.2 lb (6.0 kg)|
- Input voltage: 100 to 240 V ac +/- 10%
- Frequency: 50/60 Hz +/-3 Hz
- Power consumption:
- Normal use: < 40 watts typical
- VESA standby: < 2 watts
- VESA suspend: < 2 watts
- VESA off: < 1 watt
- Maximum earth leakage current:
- < 3.5 mA at 264 V
- < 0.25 mA at 100 V
All models meet emission category A requirements of Swedish Standard SS-436-14-90 (MPR-3) in addition to those of MPR-2. All models meet the Swedish Board for Technical Accreditation (SWEDAC) emission guidelines contained in MPR 1990:10 when tested using the MPR 1990:08 test method. All models meet the TCO99 Environmental Label from the Swedish Confederation of Professional Employees (TCO), and the emission, power management, and electrical safety requirements of the TCO99 Environmental Label.
- MPR-2 (Sweden)
- ENERGY STAR (U.S.)
- ISO 13406-Part 2
- Software: Microsoft Windows 2000/Windows XP
ENERGY STAR is a U.S. registered trademark. As an ENERGY STAR Partner, Lenovo has determined that this product meets ENERGY STAR guidelines for energy efficiency.
UL (U.S.), CSA/cUL (Canada) IEC950 CB Report, NEMKO (Norway), SEMKO, DEMKO (Denmark), FIMKO (Finland), TUV, CCC (China), NOM, SASO, GOST, PSB (Singapore), Jordan, BSMI, Australia, JEITA, UL-S (Argentina), Green Mark (Taiwan), FCC B (U.S.), IC (Canada), CE (Europe), (MIC) Korea, VCCI Class B (Japan), South Africa, New Zealand
- Supported display modes are a function of the attaching system unit and video subsystem. The full range of display modes available with these monitors may not be available or supported with all combinations of system units, their operating systems, video adapter cards, and application software.
- Horizontal- and vertical-synchronization signal timings are critical in order to achieve acceptable screen images. As a consequence, support for all possible variations in H- and V-sync timings for any display mode cannot be assumed.
- Adjustment of the user controls to enlarge the image to its maximum size requires that the signal timings of the display mode being used fall within the monitor-timing specifications.
- The number of colors shown in any display mode will exceed 16 million and is dependent on the capabilities of the video adapter in the system unit.
- The L171 provides FCC class B - residential installation - compliance in all display modes.
- Implementation of monitor power management follows the VESA DPMS standard. This standard must also be implemented in the attaching system unit hardware and software for monitor power management to be effective. The system implementation must provide user-adjustable, power-down delay periods. The monitor power management function is invoked only after appropriate signals are received from an attached system unit or video adapter.
- Implementation of monitor Plug and Play follows the VESA DDC standard. This standard must also be implemented in the attaching system unit hardware and software for monitor Plug and Play to be effective.
- Certain functions require the system unit to be similarly configured, so all monitor functions may not be enabled when attached to a particular system unit.
- A 17.0-inch (432-mm) TFT monitor has nearly 4.0 million sub pixel transistors laid over an area exceeding 141 square inches. Cost effective manufacturing processes introduce a small number of defective sub pixel transistors. The L171 meets the ISO 13406-2 Class II Pixel Defect Standard.
- Use of 50% gray background is not recommended since some users may see undesirable FOS effects.
- The Auto-Setup "test pattern" can be used with Windows 3.1, Windows NT 3.5, Windows NT 4.0, Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows 2000, and DOS 7.0 only.
|Configuration files (9227-AC1, AT1) - Relevant files for your product|
|Configuration files (9227-AB6) - Relevant files for your product|
|Service parts - Parts listing for your product|
|User's guide (9227-AB6) - Instruction manual for your product|
|User's guide (9227-AC1, AT1) - Instruction manual for your product|
|Mechanical drawing (9227-AC1) - Diagram and dimensions for your product|
|Troubleshooting - Step-by-step instructions for solving common monitor issues|
|Lenovo ThinkVision Monitors ( www.lenovo.com/thinkvision ) - ThinkVision monitor information|
|Lenovo Support: Monitors - Reference Guide - A list of monitors|
|Lenovo Support: Monitor Accessories - Reference Guide - A list of monitor accessories (stands, arms, displayport cables, cable locks, soundbars)|
|Lenovo Support: DisplayPort Cables - Product and compatibility information for DisplayPort monitor cables|
|Lenovo Support: Graphic Cards - Reference Guide - A list of graphic cards for desktop and workstation systems|
|Lenovo Support: Accessories - Reference Guide - A list of accessories for notebook, desktop, workstation, server accessories|
|www.lenovo.com/accessoriesguide - Additional information on options and accessories, including the Option Compatibility Matrix (OCM)|
|Personal Systems Reference (PSREF) - Comprehensive information on the features and technical specifications on Lenovo products|