Memory removal movie - ThinkPad Z60m, Z61e, Z61m, Z61p
Memory installation movie
To remove the DIMM:
- Remove the battery pack:
- Turn the system off.
- Disconnect the AC adapter and all cables.
- Close the system display and turn it over.
- Slide and hold the battery latch in the unlock position.
- Grasp the battery pack and pull it out of the system.
- Here is a closer look at a battery pack latch.
- Remove the palm rest:
- Remove the four screws from the bottom of the ThinkPad.
- Turn the system over and open the display.
- Release the latches on the outer edges of the palm rest first, then pull up on the center to release the remaining latches.
- Disconnect the finger print reader UltraNav pad cable.
- Place the palm rest aside.
- Remove the DIMM.
- Release the locking latches.
- Pull the DIMM from the system.
- Place it on an ESD protected surface.
Use the same procedure to remove the optional DIMM if required.
ThinkPad movie index
Detailed installation and removal instructions
Full service video CD available from http://www.pc.ibm.com/training.
Legacy Document ID
Copyright © Lenovo 2013, all rights reserved