Hard drive removal movie - ThinkPad Z60m, Z61e, Z61m, Z61p
Hard drive installation movie
To remove the hard drive:
- Remove the battery pack:
- Turn the system off.
- Disconnect the AC adapter and all cables.
- Close the system display and turn it over.
- Slide and hold the battery latch in the unlock position.
- Grasp the battery pack and pull it out of the system.
Here is a closer look at a battery pack latch.
- Remove the hard drive:
- Remove the single locking screw.
- Slide the cover to the front and lift it off.
- Rotate the cover out and off.
- Grasp the hard drive removal tab, pull the drive away from the connector and lift the drive out.
- Remove the rubber rail by pulling it away from the drive.
- Use the same procedure to remove the other rail.
- Save for reuse.
ThinkPad movie index
Detailed installation and removal instructions
Full service video CD available from http://www.pc.ibm.com/training.
If you are unable to find what you are looking for, please do try the following options:
1. Lenovo Assisted Search
2. Product usage and general troubleshooting tips
3. Lenovo Support Forum
4. Technical Support Call Centre
Legacy Document ID
Copyright © Lenovo 2013, all rights reserved