Backup battery removal movie - ThinkPad Z60t, Z61t
Backup battery installation movie
To remove the backup battery:
- Remove the battery pack:
- Turn the computer off.
- Disconnect the AC adapter and all cables from the computer.
- Close the computer display and turn the computer over.
- Slide and hold the battery latch in the unlock position.
- Grasp the battery pack and pull it out of the system.
Here is a closer look at a battery pack latch.
- Remove the palm rest:
- Remove the four screws from the bottom of the ThinkPad.
- Turn the system over.
- Open the display cover.
- Release the two latches on the outer edges of the palm rest first, then pull up on the center to release the remaining two latches.
- Disconnect the finger print reader and UltraNav pad cable.
- Place the palm rest aside.
- Remove the backup battery:
- Peel the battery off the base.
- Disconnect the cable and lift it off.
ThinkPad movie index
Full service video CD available from http://www.pc.ibm.com/training.
Legacy Document ID
Copyright © Lenovo 2013, all rights reserved