Hard drive removal movie - ThinkCentre A52 (type 8154, 8161, 8162, 8164, 8165) / M52 (type 8111, 8211, 8212, 8213, 8214)
To remove the hard disk drive:
- Place the system in the service position.
- Turn off the system and all perpherial devices.
- Disconnect the power cords and all external signal cables. Open the top cover.
- Press the cover release latches, one on each side and rotate the cover up to the open position.
- Open the drive bay assembly. Grasp the assemble and rotate to the open position.
- To remove the hard disk drive. Release the cables from the cable clamp, then grasp the drive tray handle and pull the drive out of the cage far enough to gain access to the cable connectors.
- Disconnect the SATA cable and the power cable from the hard disk drive.
- Remove the drive from the cage.
- To remove the drive tray from the disk drive. Flex the tray to release the locking pins on the tray from the holes in the drive and lift it off.
Full service video CD available from http://www.pc.ibm.com/training.
If you are unable to find what you are looking for, please do try the following options:
1. Lenovo Assisted Search
2. Product usage and general troubleshooting tips
3. Lenovo Support Forum
4. Technical Support Call Centre
Legacy Document ID
Copyright © Lenovo 2013, all rights reserved