- Excellent sound quality and volume control.
- Volume up, down, and mute buttons
- Audio jacks:
- One for external stereo speakers
- External microphone
- Imbedded numeric keypad and the integrated TrackPoint pointing system.
- ThinkVantage button, ThinkLight keyboard light, individual volume up, down, and mute buttons.
- The keyboard has a Fn key which is a special key and is located in the lower left corner. The Fn key allows the user to instantly activate the following operational features by pressing the Fn key and a designated function key:
- Switching between Display device
- PC4200 Non-Parity (NP) Double Data Rate Two (DDR2) Technology
- The use of 533 MHz SO DIMM memory is recommended for this system.
- 256 MB or 512 MB standard memory
- Supports up to two 1GB SDRAM SO DIMMs
- Supports maximum memory up to 2GB
- The TrackPoint features Press-to-Select, Internet scroll, and magnifying glass for accurate and convenient control and comfort.
- Enhanced Intel SpeedStep technology
- Available processors are:
- Intel Mobile Pentium M M 740(1.7GHz), 750(1.86GHz), 770(2.13GHz)
- 2 MB L2 cache, 533 MHz front-side bus
- Intel Celeron M 360(1.4GHz), 370(1.5GHz), 380(1.6GHz)
- 1 MB L2 cache, 400 MHz front-side bus
Note: Public network download speeds are limited to 53kbps. Upload speeds are limited to 48Kbps. Actual speeds depend on many factors and are often less than the maximum stated.
- 10/100 Ethernet installed on systems via the system board.
- ThinkPad 802.11bg Mini PCI
- wireless adapter on selected models.
- ThinkPad 802.11abg Mini PCI wireless adapter on selected models.
- Ultrabay enhanced
- PC Card slot (type II and III compatible)
- Two USB ports
- CRT port for external monitor
- Parallel port
- Audio ports
- External stereo speakers or headphone
- External microphone
- Built-in RJ-11 and RJ-45 connectors for telephony and LAN connections
Note: A USB mouse and keyboard can be connected to the two available USB ports.
- Conforms to the PC Card Standard 95
- Can accommodate one Type II or one Type III PC card
- Both the 16-bit Release 2.1 card standard and the 32-bit CardBus card are supported.
For systems with 391-mm (15.4-in) widescreen TFT display:
- Width: 332 mm (13.1 in)
- Depth: 269 mm (10.6 in)
- Height: 37 to 40 mm (1.46 to 1.58 in)
- Weight (approximate): 2.8 kg (6.1 lb) to 3.2 kg (7.1 lb)
- Battery pack (Li-Ion): 311 g (0.69 lb)
- AC adapter (two-pin or three-pin)
- Power cord for ac adapter
Note: All weight and dimensions are approximate.
- Heat dissipation: 245 Btu/hr maximum
- Heat emissions: 72 watts maximum
- FCC Class-B certified to comply with FCC Rules, Part 15
- VCCI Class B
- CSA C22.2 No. 950
- MPR-II (Sweden)
- CE Mark
- AC adapter: This ac-to-dc converter supplies the necessary power to the computer. The ac adapter also charges the battery pack when it is installed in the computer.
- Universal AC adapter (72 W):
- Input is 100/240 V ac, 1.5/0.9 A, 50/60 Hz
- Output is 16 V dc, 4.5 A
- The battery pack is an internal power source to the computer when the ac adapter is not available. The battery pack is rechargeable and is charged using the ac adapter with the system.
- You can manage the battery power by using the Battery MaxiMiser and Power Management Features utility.
- A different Li-Ion battery pack fits into the Ultrabay Slim so that two batteries can be installed to increase battery operating time.
- A six or nine cell Li-Ion battery pack is shipped with the system.
- Li-Ion battery pack:
- Six-cell: 10.8 V, 4.4 Ah
Note: European models include a 4.8 Ah Li-Ion battery pack
- Approximate operation and charging hours are:
- Power off/suspend charging(*1):
- Six-cell: 3.6 hours
- Nine-cell: 4.3 hours
- Charging during operation(*1):
- Six-cell: 4.0 hours
- Nine-cell: 5.0 hours
- Battery operation (Intel Pentium models)(*1): up to 3.5 hours
- (*1) Recharge time also varies.
- These model numbers achieved eTesting Labs, Inc.'s BatteryMark 4.0.1 or the Ziff Davis Media Inc.'s Business Winstone 2002 BatteryMarkTM Version 1.0 Battery Rundown Time of at least the times shown above. This test was performed without independent verification by VeriTest testing division of Lionbridge Technologies, Inc. ("VeriTest") nor Ziff Davis Media Inc.; neither Ziff Davis Media Inc. nor VeriTest makes any representations or warranties as to these test results. A description of the environment under which the test was performed is available at: www.ibm.com/pc/ww/thinkpad/batterylife.html. Battery life (and recharge times) will vary based on many factors including screen brightness, applications, features, power management, battery conditioning and other customer preferences.
- Locking device in the security slot provides physical security.
- A Power-on password (POP) protects the system from unauthorized use. If a POP is set, the password prompt appears:
- Each time the system is turned on
- When the system is returned to normal operation from suspend mode
- A Supervisor Password provides a higher level of security than the POP. The Supervisor Password protects the system functions from being used by unauthorized users,and protects the hardware configuration from unauthorized modification. The Supervisor Password prompt appears:
- When the BIOS setup screen is accessed.
- A Hard Drive Password (HDP) protects hard drive data from unauthorized users. Once HDP is set, data on the hard drive cannot be accessed without the correct HDP. Because the HDP is stored in the hard drive, the data remains protected even if the hard drive is removed to another system. The HDP password prompt appears:
- Each time the system is turned on
|The following operating systems are supported on the ThinkPad Z60t system: |
- Microsoft Windows 2000
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional
- Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
- Previous versions of these operating systems are not supported.
- Operating systems other than those preinstalled on the systems may not provide full-feature functionality
- 24x CD-ROM Ultrabay slim drive
- 8x DVD Ultrabay slim drive
- 24x24x24x/8x CD-RW/DVD Ultrabay slim drive
- 8x max Multi-Recorder Ultrabay Enhanced
- Only available using USB or Docking solution
|Hard drive features|
- Standard 40GB, 60GB, or 80GB hard drive sizes
- Supports one additional hard drive which can be used concurrently to offer expanded storage in the Ultrabay Enhanced.
- 4200 and 5400 rpm hard drive speeds
- Although you can upgrade the hard drive, it is not designed to be removed and reinserted on a regular basis. Repeated and frequent removal, for purposes other than to upgrade for greater capacity, can cause damage to the system. The Ultrabay Enhanced hard drive adapter is designed to provide this flexibility with a second hard drive in the Ultrabay Enhanced.
14.1-inch (1024 x768 resolution) TFT display
15.0-inch (1024 x 768 resolution) TFT display
|Video chipsets: |
- ATI RADEON XPRESS 200M Graphics
Note: * Supported in panning mode
|Resolution||LCD Color depth|
|640x480||256, 64k, 16M|
|800x600||256, 64k, 16M|
|1024x768||256, 64k, 16M|
|1280x1024||256*, 64k*, 16M*|
|1600x1200||256*, 64k*, 16M*|
|2048x1536||256*, 64k*, 16M*|
|Resolution||Supported refresh rates in Hz for external monitors|
|640x480||60, 72, 75, 85, 90, 100, 120, 160 Hz|
|800x600||60, 72, 75, 85, 90, 100, 120, 160 Hz|
|1024x768||60, 70, 72, 75, 85, 90, 100, 120, 150, 160 Hz|
|1280x1024||60, 70, 75, 85, 90, 100 Hz|
|1600x1200||60, 75, 85, 100 Hz|
|2048x1536||60, 66, 70 75 Hz|