- Full-duplex audio on the system board
- Volume up, down, and mute buttons
- Audio jacks in/out jacks:
- External stereo speakers
- External microphone
- Supports Microsoft DirectSound applications.
- Imbedded numeric keypad and integrated UltraNav dual-pointing system, featuring TrackPoint and customized touch pad for the ultimate in pointing flexibility.
- ThinkVantage button, ThinkLight keyboard light, individual volume up, down, and mute buttons.
- The keyboard has a Fn key which is a special key and is located in the lower left corner. The Fn key allows the user to instantly activate the following operational features by pressing the Fn key and a designated function key:
- Switching between Display device
- Fingerprint reader is integrated into the palm rest of the ThinkPad notebook computer to prevent unauthorized access to your notebook and data.
- PC4200 Non-Parity (NP) Double Data Rate Two (DDR2) Technology
- The use of 533 MHz SO DIMM memory is recommended for this system.
- 256 MB, 512 MB, 768, or 1 GB standard memory
- Supports up to two 1GB SDRAM SO DIMMs
- Supports maximum memory up to 2GB
- All systems come with the UltraNav dual-pointing system, featuring TrackPoint and customized touch pad for the ultimate in pointing flexibility is a part of the keyboard. The TrackPoint features Press-to-Select, Internet scroll, and magnifying glass for accurate and convenient control.
- Enhanced Intel SpeedStep technology
- Available processors are:
- Intel Mobile Pentium M 740(1.7GHz), 750(1.86GHz), P M 760(2.0GHz), P M 770(2.13GHz)
- 2 MB L2 cache, 533 MHz front-side bus
- Intel Celeron M 360(1.4GHz) or 370(1.5GHz)
- 1 MB L2 cache, 400 MHz front-side bus
- IR transceiver for wireless file and data transfer and printing.
- Speeds up to 4Mbps.
- Compatible with the Infrared Data Association (IrDA) IR data link specification.
Note: Public network download speeds are limited to 53kbps. Upload speeds are limited to 48Kbps. Actual speeds depend on many factors and are often less than the maximum stated.
- 1Gb Ethernet installed on systems via the system board.
- ThinkPad 802.11abg Mini PCI Express wireless adapter on selected models.
- ThinkPad 802.11bg Mini PCI Express wireless adapter on selected models.
- Bluetooth/Modem combo card on selected models.
- Integrated Sierra Wireless 1xEV-DO Network Adapter for Verizon Wireless Broadband Access on selected models.
- One integrated, easy-loading modular Ultrabay Slim
- Type II PC Card slot
- One CDC slot (not a CRU)
- Three USB ports version 2.0
- IEEE 1394 (Firewire)
- Additional connector supports the optional Port Replicator, advanced dock, and advanced mini-dock.
- Audio ports
- External stereo speakers or headphone
- S-Video out
- CRT port for external monitor
- Built-in RJ-11 and RJ-45 connectors for telephony and LAN connections
Note: ExpressCard/54 slot, PS/2 port, and serial port are not included, but both can be obtained through the optional ThinkPad Essential Port Replicator, ThinkPad Advanced Dock, or ThinkPad Advanced Mini-Dock.
- Conforms to the PC Card Standard 95
- Type II slot
- Both the 16-bit Release 2.1 card standard and the 32-bit CardBus card are supported.
- Width: 334 mm (13.1 in)
- Depth: 228 mm (9.0 in)
- Height: 26.6 to 30.9 mm (1.05 to 1.22 in)
- Configured system weight:
- With black top cover, four-cell battery, and travel bezel: 1.89 kg (4.17 lb)
- With black top cover, seven-cell battery, and travel bezel: 2.05 kg (4.53 lb)
- With titanium top cover, four-cell battery, and travel bezel: 2.0 kg (4.42 lb)
- With titanium top cover, seven-cell battery, and travel bezel: 2.16 kg (4.77 lb)
- 4 cell Li-Ion battery pack: 220 g (0.49 lb)
- 7 cell Li-Ion battery pack: 380 g (0.84 lb)
- AC adapter (two-pin or three-pin): 360 g (0.795 lb)
- Power cord for ac adapter: 90 g (0.19 lb)
- CD-RW/DVD drive: 195 g (0.43 lb)
- Multi-Burner DVD Recordable drive: 195 g (0.43 lb)
Note: All weight and dimensions are approximate.
- Heat dissipation: 246 Btu/hr maximum
- Heat emissions: 72 watts maximum
- FCC Class-B certified to comply with FCC Rules, Part 15
- VCCI Class B
- CISPR22 Class B
- UL 60950
- CSA C22.2 No. 950
- IEC 60950
- MPR-II (Sweden)
- CE Mark
- CCC (for China)
- AC adapter: This ac-to-dc converter supplies the necessary power to the computer. The ac adapter also charges the battery pack when it is installed in the computer.
- Universal AC adapter (90 W):
- Input is 100/240 V ac, 1.7/0.6 A, 50/60 Hz
- Output is 20 V dc, 4.5 A
- The battery pack is an internal power source to the computer when the ac adapter is not available. The battery pack is rechargeable and is charged using the ac adapter with the system.
- You can manage the battery power by using the Battery MaxiMiser and Power Management Features utility.
- A different Li-Ion battery pack fits into the Ultrabay Slim so that two batteries can be installed to increase battery operating time.
- A four or seven cell Li-Ion battery pack is shipped with the system.
- Li-Ion battery pack:
- four cell, 10.8 V, 37.44 Wh
- seven cell, 10.8 V, 65.52 Wh
- Approximate operation and charging hours are:
- Power off/suspend charging(*1):
- Four-cell battery: 3.5 hours
- Seven-cell battery: 4.7 hours
- Charging during operation(*1):
- Four-cell battery: 3.5 to 6.0 hours
- Seven-cell battery: 4.7 hr to 8.0 hours
- Battery operation (Intel Pentium models)(*1):
- Four-cell battery: Up to 3.0 hours
- Seven-cell battery: Up to 5.0 hours
- (*1) Recharge time also varies.
- These model numbers achieved eTesting Labs, Inc.'s BatteryMark 4.0.1 or the Ziff Davis Media Inc.'s Business Winstone 2002 BatteryMarkTM Version 1.0 Battery Rundown Time of at least the times shown above. This test was performed without independent verification by VeriTest testing division of Lionbridge Technologies, Inc. ("VeriTest") nor Ziff Davis Media Inc.; neither Ziff Davis Media Inc. nor VeriTest makes any representations or warranties as to these test results. A description of the environment under which the test was performed is available at: www.ibm.com/pc/ww/thinkpad/batterylife.html. Battery life (and recharge times) will vary based on many factors including screen brightness, applications, features, power management, battery conditioning and other customer preferences.
- Security Chip on selected models
- Fingerprint reader on selected models, offers users a convenient solution, authenticate at system startup and log on to Windows with a swipe of your finger.
- Locking device in the security slot provides physical security.
- The ThinkPad Embedded Security Subsystem provides for authentication and encryption of data communications.
- A Power-on password (POP) protects the system from unauthorized use. If a POP is set, the password prompt appears:
- Each time the system is turned on
- When the system is returned to normal operation from suspend mode
- A Supervisor Password provides a higher level of security than the POP. The Supervisor Password protects the system functions from being used by unauthorized users,and protects the hardware configuration from unauthorized modification. The Supervisor Password prompt appears:
- When the BIOS setup screen is accessed.
- A Hard Drive Password (HDP) protects hard drive data from unauthorized users. Once HDP is set, data on the hard drive cannot be accessed without the correct HDP. Because the HDP is stored in the hard drive, the data remains protected even if the hard drive is removed to another system. The HDP password prompt appears:
- Each time the system is turned on
|The following operating systems are supported on the ThinkPad Z60t system: |
- Windows 2000 Professional (no service pack, SP1, SP2, SP3, SP4) with USB 2.0 support
- Windows XP Professional (no service pack, SP1, SP1a, SP2) with USB 2.0 support
- Windows XP Home (no service pack, SP1, SP1a, SP2) with USB 2.0 support
- Previous versions of these operating systems are not supported.
- Operating systems other than those preinstalled on the systems may not provide full-feature functionality
- CD-ROM Ultrabay slim drive
- DVD Ultrabay slim drive
- 24x24x24x/8x CD-RW/DVD Ultrabay slim drive
- 4x max Multi-Recorder Ultrabay slim drive
- Only available using USB or Docking solution
|Hard drive features|
- Standard 40GB, 60GB, 80GB, or 100GB hard drive sizes
- Supports one additional hard drive which can be used concurrently to offer expanded storage in the Ultrabay Slim
- 5400 rpm hard drive speed
- Although you can upgrade the hard drive, it is not designed to be removed and reinserted on a regular basis. Repeated and frequentremoval, for purposes other than to upgradefor greater capacity, can cause damage to the system. The Ultrabay Slim hard drive adapter is designed to provide this flexibility with a second hard drive in the Ultrabay Slim.
- The Hard Drive Active Protection system protects your hard drive when the shock sensor inside your ThinkPad computer detects a situation that could potentially damage the hard drive.
|14.0-inch, 16M colors, WXGA (1280 × 768 resolution) TFT widescreen display|
Note: All displays are measured diagonally.
|Video chipsets: |
- Intel GMA 900 (UMA MAX : 128 MB)
Note: * Supported only in panning mode on LCD
|Resolution||LCD Color depth|
|640x480||256, 64k, 16M|
|768x480||256, 64k, 16M|
|800x600||256, 64k, 16M|
|960x600||256, 64k, 16M|
|1024x768||256, 64k, 16M|
|1280x768||256, 64k, 16M|
|1280x800||256*, 64k*, 16M*|
|1280x1024||256*, 64k*, 16M*|
|1600x1200||256*, 64k*, 16M*|
|1680x1050||256*, 64k*, 16M*|
|Resolution||Supported refresh rates in Hz for external monitors|
|640x480||60, 75, 85, 100, 120 Hz|
|800x600||60, 70(*1), 72(*1), 75, 85, 90(*2), 100, 120 Hz|
|1024x768||60, 75, 85, 100, 120 Hz|
|1280x1024||60, 75, 85, 100, 120 Hz|
|1600x1200||60, 75, 85, 100 Hz|
|2048x1536||60, 70, 75 Hz|
- (*1) Only available in 16M color depth
- (*2) Only available in 64K and 16M color depth