Cover removal - ThinkCentre A52 (type 8154, 8161, 8162, 8163, 8164, 8165) / M52 (type 8111, 8211, 8212, 8213, 8214)
Important: Read "Safety information" and "Handling electrostatic discharge-sensitive devices" in the Hardware Maintenance Manual. Turn off your computer and wait 3 to 5 minutes to let the computer cool before opening the computer cover.
To open the computer cover:
- Remove any media (diskettes, CDs, or tapes) from the drives, shut down your operating system, and turn off all attached devices.
- Unplug all power cords from electrical outlets.
- Disconnect all cables attached to the computer. This includes power cords, input/output (I/O) cables, and any other cables that are connected to the computer.
- Remove any locking devices such as a cable lock that secure the cover.
- Press the buttons on the sides of the computer and pivot the cover upward to open the computer as shown.
Legacy Document ID
Copyright © Lenovo 2013, all rights reserved