- Chipset is Crystal Semiconductor CS4299
- One 0.5W internal speaker (mono)
- 16-bit and 8-bit stereo playback and recording
- Sound Blaster compatible
- DirectSound 3D positional audio
- Volume up, down, and mute buttons
- Three 1/8" audio jacks:
- One for external stereo speakers or headphone
- One for an external microphone
- One for line-in
- 85 SBCS key keyboard with imbedded numeric keypad and integrated TrackPoint(TM) with enhanced features
- 90 DBCS key keyboard with imbedded numeric keypad and integrated TrackPoint(TM) with enhanced features for Japanese systems
- Imbedded numeric keypad
- The keyboard has a Fn key which is a special key and is located in the lower left corner. The Fn key allows the user to instantly activate the following operational features by pressing the Fn key and a designated function key: - Standby/Suspend/Hibernation - Switching between Display devices - Power management mode
- ThinkPad button, allowing one-touch entry into Access ThinkPad
- ThinkLight which illuminates the keyboard in low light conditions
- Uses PC133 SoDIMM memory
- 128MB soldered on the system board
- 1 memory slot available
- Supports up to one 512 MB SDRAM SO DIMMs
- Supports maximum memory up to 640MB
- TrackPoint(R) with Press-to-Select, Internet scroll, and magnifying glass features for accurate and convenient control
- Dual-mode, high-performance Mobile Intel(R) pentium(R) Processor at 800MHz, 866MHz, 1.06GHz or 1.13GHz
- Enhanced Intel SpeedStep(TM) technology
- 512 KB onboard L2 cache memory
- IR transceiver for wireless file and data transfer and printing.
- Speeds up to 4Mbps.
- Compatible with the Infrared Data Association (IrDA) IR data link specification
- Sensing Distance: 1 m
- Sensing Angle: + 15 degree, -15 degree horizontally
|Note: Public network download speeds are limited to 53kbps. Upload speeds are limited to 31.2kbps. Actual speeds depend on many factors and are often less than the maximum stated. |
- 10/100 Ethernet and 802.11b wireless, (depending on model)
- One Mini PCI IIIb slot
- One Communications Daughter Card slots
- Two USB (One on right side, one in back) version 1.1
- One Ethernet RJ-45 with 2 LEDs
- One RJ11 for modem enabled systems
- Type II (5mm thick) Compact Flash slot
- One DB-15 external display
- Additional connector supports the optional Port Replicator and dock
- Audio line in, audio line out, and microphone in ports
- Parallel port available via expansion device only.
- Conforms to the PC Card Standard 95
- The Type II slot can accommodate one Type I or one Type II
- Both 16-bit and 32-bit cards are supported.
- PCMCIA 2.1 standard
Note: All dimensions are approximate.
- Width: 329 mm (13.0 in)
- Depth: 272.5 mm (10.7 in)
- Height: 44.6 mm to 46.8 mm (1.8 in to 1.9 in)
- Travel weight: 3.18 kg (7.0 lb) with Li-Ion battery pack and weight-saver bezels in both bays
- Weight: 3.45 kg (7.6 lb) with Li-Ion battery pack and DVD drive
- FCC Class-B Certified to comply with FCC Rules, Part 15
- VCCI CLASS 2
- CB Report
- EC DOC/S-DOC
- CCIB/CCEE (for China)
- BSMI (for Taiwan)
- MIC (for Korea)
- SMA/SAA (Australia)
- RSF449 (New Zealand)
- Gost (Russia)
- CE Mark
- Energy Star
- AC adapter: This ac-to-dc converter supplies the necessary power to the computer. The ac adapter also charges the battery pack when it is installed in the computer.
- Universal AC adapter (56 W):
- Input is 100/240 V ac, 1.2/0.7 A, 50/60 Hz
- Output is 16 V dc, 3.5 A
- The battery pack is an internal power source to the computer when the ac adapter is not available. The battery pack is rechargeable and is charged using the ac adapter with the system.
- A six-cell Li-Ion battery pack is shipped with the system.
- Li-Ion battery pack: 10.8 V, 3.2 AH
- Approximate operation and charging hours are:
- Power off/suspend charging(*2) 2.6 hr
- Charging during operation(*2) 3.5 to 6.0 hr
- Battery operation (*1) 2.3 hr (*1)
Results obtained using eTesting Labs Inc's BatteryMark(TM) Version 4.0.1. Battery life will vary based on many factors including screen brightness, applications, features, power management, battery conditioning, and other customer preferences.
(*1) BatteryMark(TM) is a trademark of Ziff Davis Publishing Holdings Inc., an affiliate of eTesting Labs Inc., in the U.S. and other countries.
(*2) Recharge time will also vary
- Security Chip on selected models
- Locking device in the ThinkPad security slot provides physical security.
- A Power-on password (POP) protects the system from unauthorized
use. If a POP is set, the password prompt appears:
- Each time the system is turned on
- When the system is returned to normal operation from suspend mode
- A Supervisor Password provides a higher level of security than the POP. The Supervisor Password protects the system functions from being used by unauthorized users, and protects the hardware configuration from unauthorized modification.
- A HDD Password (HDP) protects HDD data from unauthorized users. Once HDP is set, data on the HDD cannot be accessed without the correct HDP. Because the HDP is stored in the HDD, the data remains protected even if the HDD is removed to another system. The HDP password prompt appears:
- Each time the system is turned on
|The following operating systems are supported on the ThinkPad X24 systems: |
Note: Preloaded software utilizes the disk-to-disk recovery method.
- Windows 95
- Windows 98
- Windows 98 Second Edition
- Windows NT Workstation 4.0
- Windows NT Workstation 4.0 Japanese
- Windows 2000
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional
- Microsoft Windows XP Home
- 8X, 24X, 8X write speed of CD-R media
- Available via USB or X2 UltraBase Media Slice's Ultrabay 2000 slot
|Hard disk drive (HDD) features|
- Standard with either 20 or 30GB
- Supports one additional HDDs which can be used concurrently to offer expanded storage
- S.M.A.R.T technology to issue an alert if a hardware failure is pending
- ATA Bus Interface
- 5400 rpm
- Although you can upgrade the HDD, it is not designed to be removed and reinserted on a regular basis. Repeated and frequent removal, for purposes other than to upgrade for greater capacity, can cause damage to the system. The Ultrabay 2000 HDD adapter is designed to provide this flexibility with a second HDD in the Ultrabay 2000
Large, brilliant 12.1-in XGA (1024 x 768) active matrix TFT displayNotes:
|Video chipset: |
- ATI Mobility M6MC
- AGP 4X
- 8MB DDR-SDRAM
|8MB ATI Mobility M6MC|
|Resolution||LCD Color depth|
|Resolution||External Monitor Color depth|
Note: * Supports 60, 75, and 85Hz refresh rates.