System board tray assembly removal movie - ThinkCentre A50 (type 8089, 8090) / A51 (type 8105, 8107, 8109, 8117, 8119, 8121) / M51 (type 8104, 8106, 8108, 8118, 8120) / S50 (type 8086, 8087, 8088, 8094)
To remove the system board tray assembly:
- Place the system in the service position.
- Turn off the system and all attached perpherial devices.
- Disconnect all power cords and all external signal cables.
- Open the top cover.
- Press the cover release buttons, one on each side and rotate the cover up to the open position.
- Open the drive bay assembly.
- Grasp the assembly and rotate to the open position.
- Remove the riser card assembly. Grasp the handle and lift straight up to disconnect the riser card from the connector.
- Remove the rear fan baffle assembly. Disconnect the fan power cable from the system board.
- Lift the assembly up to free the tabs from the slots in the frame and remove the assembly from the system.
- Remove the DIMM. Push out on the two latches.
- Lift the DIMM out of the socket and place it on at static protected surface.
- Remove the heat sink. Loosen the two screws on the leaf spring retention clamps.
- Alternately loosen the two screws to prevent damage to the heat sink.
- Lift the heat sink assembly off the processor.
- Remove the processor. Rotate the processor release lever to the open position.
- Grasp the processor by the edges and lift it out of the socket.
- Place the processor on a static protected surface.
- Disconnect the following cables from the system board: speaker, hard disk drive signal, optical drive signal, power switch LED, power P4, power P1, and front fan power.
- Release the system board tray assembly handle from the latch.
- Grasp the handle with one hand and with the other gently slide the assembly out the rear of the chassis.
Full service video CD available from http://www.pc.ibm.com/training.
Legacy Document ID
Copyright © Lenovo 2013, all rights reserved