Hard disk drive removal movie - ThinkCentre A50 (type 8089, 8090) / A51 (type 8105, 8107, 8109, 8117, 8119, 8121) / M51 (type 8104, 8106, 8108, 8118, 8120) / S50 (type 8086, 8087, 8088, 8094)
To remove the hard disk drive:
- Place the system in the service position.
- Turn off the system and all attached perpherial devices.
- Disconnect all power cords and all external signal cables.
- Open the top cover.
- Press the cover release buttons, one on each side and rotate the cover up to the open position.
- Open the drive bay assembly.
- Grasp the assembly and rotate to the open position.
- Disconnect the power cable and the signal cable from the hard disk drive
- Grasp the drive tray handle and pull the drive tray assembly out of the cage
To remove the tray from the hard disk drive
- Flex the tray to release the locking pins on the tray from the holes in the drive and lift it off.
Full service video CD available from http://www.pc.ibm.com/training.
Legacy Document ID
Copyright © Lenovo 2013, all rights reserved