Power supply removal movie - ThinkCentre A51p (type 8422, 8423, 8427) / ThinkCentre M51 (type 8143, 8144, 8146)
Movie player help
Power supply installation movie
Text of the audio portion of the power supply removal movie
To remove the power supply:
- Place the system in the service position.
- Turn off the switch and all peripheral devices
- Disconnect all power cords and disconnect all signal cables. for easier access to components, place the system on its side. This is the recommended service position.
- Remove the side cover. Press the cover release button on the right side cover, slide the cover to the rear and lift it off.
- Push the drive cage latch forward.
- Grasp the drive cage handle and rotate the drive cage assembly up until it locks in the open position.
- Disconnect the P3 power cable and signal cable from the hard drive.
- Rotate the drive cage to the completely open position.
- Disconnect the following power cables:
- P9 CD-ROM
- P6 diskette
- P2 system board and P1 system board
- Remove the four screws that secure the power supply to the rear chassis.
- Press down on the latching tab and slide the power supply to the front of the server and lift it out of the chassis.
View detailed power supply removal and installation instructions for 8422, 8423, and 8427 systems.
Full service video CD available from http://www.pc.ibm.com/training.
Legacy Document ID
Copyright © Lenovo 2013, all rights reserved