At a glance
- 2 MB adaptive buffer(2)
- 4.17 ms average latency
- Less than 9 ms typical average read seek time
- Sustained data rate of 58 MB/s Max(3)
- 40GB per disk surface data recording density
- Serial ATA interface capability enabling up to 150 MB/s(4) instantaneous interface data transfers
- S.M.A.R.T. included
- Slim, one-inch-high profile
When referring to hard drive capacity, MB equals one million bytes; GB equals one billion bytes. Actual capacities vary based on different operating environments.
Serial ATA drives require Serial ATA capability on the system board or an attached adapter card.
3 years Limited - customer carry-in exchange
You will receive one box containing the following items:
- 40GB Serial ATA Hard Drive
- User's Guide and Ontrack Disk Manager 2000 CD
- Warranty supplement
- Announce date: 29th June 2004
- Planned availability date: 29th June 2004
Performance specifications as known at time of announcement
- Formatted capacity:
- 40GB (40GB Serial ATA HD)
- Rotational speed: 7,200 rpm
- Average latency: 4.17 ms
- Typical average read seek time: < 9 ms
- 2 MB Data buffer (adaptive segmented):
- Interface performance:
- Burst transfer rate (maximum): 150 MB/s
- Sustained data transfer rate: 240 MB/s Max
Actual performance varies based on many factors and is often less than the maximum possible.
Up to 384 KB reserved for drive firmware.
NOTE: The total user-accessible capacity can vary slightly based on operating system environments.
Physical, environmental, and compatibility specifications as known at time of announcement
- Between 5 degrees Celsius and 55 degrees Celsius
- Between 41 degrees Fahrenheit and 131 degrees Fahrenheit
- Operating: between 5% and 90% (non-condensing)
- CE Mark
The 40GB Serial ATA Hard Drive is supported on the following systems:
|ThinkCentre A50||8320, 8174, 8175, 8176, 8126, 8177, 8178, 8179, 8084, 8085, 8147, 8148, 8149, 8419||All|
|ThinkCentre A50p||8192, 8193, 8194, 8195, 8196, 8197, 8432, 8433||All|
|ThinkCentre A51p||8420, 8422, 8423, 8427||All|
|ThinkCentre M50||8185, 8186, 8187, 8188, 8189, 8190||All|
|ThinkCentre S50||8183, 8184, 8418||All|
- Microsoft Windows 2000
- Windows XP
Some configurations may not be compatible.
This hard drive adheres to the ATA/ATAPI-4 (X3T13/D1153 Revision 17) American National Standards Institute (ANSI) standard.
Cable orders required
Approximately 20 minutes